Today you are 14 months old! I don't think they come much sweeter (or cuter) than you! You are such a smart little booger too! Here's a recap of your last month.
You wear 12-18 month clothes. We recently packed away more clothes that were too little. I've been on a couple shopping sprees for you recently, so I am hoping you're all set for the spring and summer! You are still in size 3 diapers (Target brand) during the day and size 4 (Pamper's overnight) at night.
We continue to do Tot School most days after breakfast. Putting things into things is by far your favorite activity! Today you were able to put straws into a little opening I cut in a Puffs container! I was so impressed! You have tried coloring a few times, but aren't a fan of that quite yet. You love music and have become addicted to certain youtube videos. Mommy keeps saying she's not going to let you watch so many, but they keep you happy and entertained in your highchair, which gives Mommy time to clean up the kitchen after meals. You dance along to them and immediately sign "more" when they are over.
You still don't crawl, cruise, or walk. You have yet to even pull yourself to standing. Part of me wants you to start walking so badly, but everyone tells me to enjoy this stage while it lasts. You still love books too. I think your current favorite is the book Aunt Lala recorded for you for your birthday. You also like any book with flaps you can flip.
I haven't worked with you on any additional signs. You still do all the ones you used too and will do multiple signs in a row to make a sentence (more food, please). I have been encouraging you to try to say more words. You say, "Momma" a lot more now, which continues to make me happy. You will also say, "hi" when you wave. You say it like you're from Kentucky and that makes Mommy proud! Sometimes I think you say other words, but I think you're just mumbling and I think I hear what I want to hear.
We have been Skyping with Mommy's family a lot recently. We Skype with Aunt Lala at least once a week and you have gotten to see other members of the family too. It's nice to be able to do that since we live so far away. We did get to visit with our friends Amanda, Adah, and Michaela in Virginia this past month. You were a great traveler!
You're quite the ham with your tricks. You like to show them off to people at church. Speaking of church, you've been doing pretty well in the church nursery. Just yesterday I was able to lay you down in a crib during Sunday school and you slept for 45 minutes. The nursery workers said you were fine when you woke up, so you stayed there for all of service too. Hopefully the separation anxiety is getting a little better. Mommy and Daddy went on a date this past Friday night and you stayed home with Auntie Val. You didn't even cry when we left, so that was huge!
Your hair was getting pretty long around your ears, so you got your first hair cut! You did great! You now have eight teeth and go to the dentist for your first check-up on Wednesday. You are usually a good eater, but occasionally will decide you're all done and instead of signing "all done" you will just start waving your hands on your tray wildly sending food flying everywhere. I've let you use a spoon a few times. You don't quite have the scooping action down, but you can get the spoon with food into your mouth. You have started drinking watered down juice some too. You like to drink it from a sippy with a straw.
Since you've had such bad separation anxiety, I stopped doing independent playtime. That was probably a mistake on my part. I really wanted to stick with it, but it wasn't going well, so I decided to put it off for a while. You will play by yourself in the living room and let Mommy work in the kitchen, but you DO NOT like being left alone playing in your room.
We've had some sleep issues during the past month. You have always been such a good sleeper, so it's been totally unlike you. You've had two different colds during the past month and I think those have been keeping you awake. Most the time if you wake up, you will settle yourself right back down. I have had to go in a rock you a few times though. Even though it makes Mommy sleepy, I have to admit I find it super sweet rocking my growing boy! Most days you are still taking two naps, but I'm not sure how long that is going to last. Just this morning you spent a full two hours in your crib during nap time, but were only quiet (hopefully sleeping) for 30 minutes. You are napping now, so hopefully it will be a nice long nap!
I think that's about it. I'm sure I am missing something, but it's hard to remember all the things you are doing. Mommy loves you so very very much!
Love,
Mommy
Brennan back at 13 months
Brennan today at 14 months
Monday, April 11, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment