Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Dear Brennan,


Whoa! You are 11 months old today. That means that in a mere one month, you will be 1! Whoa! Where in the world has the time gone? It really does not seem like it has been 11 months since this day:

You are growing so fast and learning so many new things. It just seems crazy to me that I am planning your first birthday party! But here we are, so let's recap some of the things you've been up to lately.

You wear 12 month clothes. Lately you've spent a lot of time in your pajamas. You are comfortable in them and on days we don't leave the house, I don't see any reason to change you out of them. You are still in size 3 diapers. I am doing most of your diaper changes on the floor now. It is just easier because it doesn't make me nervous if you wiggle all around on the floor like it does when you're on your changing table. Just this morning, as soon as I had your diaper off, you rolled onto to you belly. You were so cute with your little naked butt sticking up in the air. Hehe.

We still spend most of our day in your room because that's where most of your toys are. Sometimes we will take some to the living room or downstairs just to get a change of venue. Mommy is working hard to make sure you get independent playtime each day. When you wake up from your morning nap, you eat lunch, then play in your pack-n-play with a few toys. You always fuss for about a minute when I leave you, but then you start playing and babbling. I come back to get you after about 30 minutes. You would play longer, but you're little, and I think 30 minutes is good amount of time. It gives Mommy time to eat lunch and sometimes take a quick shower. You love your new toys you got for Christmas. You are doing really well at standing at your music table, but you don't pull up on your own yet. Books are your absolute favorite right now. Mommy reads to you ALL DAY LONG. We are still working on not eating books, but we seem to be making some progress.

You still aren't crawling. We try to practice with you, but you want none of it! You will go from sitting to your belly now by leaning over to the side. But then you usually roll right onto your back. You aren't cruising yet either, but with how much you love your music table, I don't think it will be long until you start moving around it.

We are just starting the weaning process. You are now nursing 3 times/day and getting a sippy of half breast milk and 1/2 cow's milk once/day. You aren't really proficient at the sippy yet, but I am going to try to stick with it instead of giving you a bottle. I'm not sure if that will work as you keep dropping more feedings, but it works for now. You are also starting to eat more finger foods. You like pears and green beans and I am excited for you to try more table foods. You get frustrated when Mommy tries to feed you your pureed foods now, so I think you are certainly ready to be feeding yourself more.

You continue to sleep really well. You usually take two good naps during the day. You are extending your wake time, which is nice because your afternoon nap is getting pushed back a little, so now you aren't so exhausted at night. You go to bed between 6:30-7:00 each night and sleep until 7:00-7:30. You are still sleeping with binkies right now, but that's the only time you usually have one. I am undecided if I'm ready to take those away during nap and nighttime.

You have started using sign language. You can sign "all done", "please", and just yesterday you started signing "duck". Sometimes you'll use the sign for "milk", but it looks just like waving, so sometimes I'm not sure which one you're doing. You will wave hi and bye bye. You put phones up to your ear to talk on them. You have a quite a temper; you grunt and flap your arms when you get really mad. You shake your head 'no' on command. We started swim class again today and you did great! I'm so glad you love the water. You're just a little sponge soaking up everything going on around you.

I'm sure there are many other things you are doing too. There is something new every single day, so it's hard to keep up! You are absolutely adorable and I love you so very very much!

Love,
Mommy

Brennan back at 10 months

Brennan today at 11 months

1 comment:

Hoover Family said...

Oh my gosh he is such a big boy already! The time goes by so fast! My boys were on sippies around 10.5-11 months (O introduced it with solids with water in it and Isaac only had a bottle for about 2 months) ... I found that once we went to two sippy milk cups a day they got better at using it ... don't give up he will get it! Its still new to him!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...