Sunday, January 30, 2011

Apologies

As Val so kindly pointed out, I completely forgot to do a Fab Five this past Friday. I do apologize! We had a busy day and it didn't even cross my mind. Hopefully sharing some new pictures of Brennan will help make up for it!

The first two are of him playing with his birthday presents from Josh and Amanda. They were taken before we put his toys in his toy box. As you can see, he was in desperate need of one.



Tonight Brennan decided he wanted to eat his hotdog with Mommy's spoon. I was cracking up that he was actually able to do it.


Here are several more from tonight. These were taken right before bed. Check out his awesome hair!





His birthday is less than two weeks away now and he has learned how to show "1" when you ask him how old he is.

And a quick weaning update! We are now completely done nursing! Last week we dropped the nighttime feeding and it went really well. I was only uncomfortable for one day and it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be.

Yesterday was Brennan's first day to not nurse at all. I was in extreme discomfort for most of the day. I was glad it was a Saturday and Kyle was home to help because it was painful to even hold Brennan against my chest. *TMI ALERT: Last night I took a hot shower and self-expressed some milk and then took some Ibuprofen before bed and slept without a bar. The discomfort eased a lot overnight. Today has been MUCH better; still uncomfortable, but not nearly as much.

So my big boy is completely weaned. And I am completely happy! I know it was the right time to do it and he is loving drinking from his sippy cup! And I have worn a regular bra for the past two days! Woohoo!

1 comment:

valerie said...

woo hoo! a shout out!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...