Sunday, January 23, 2011

Bye Bye Booby - Part 3

This post should be much shorter than the previous weaning posts. I continued by dropping one more feeding this past week; the 3:00 feeding.

I didn't keep a day by day log as I had done before because it was really an uneventful week. Other than Brennan doing GREAT with his new sippy cup. Once he was up to two sippy feedings/day, he seemed to be fine without a bottle. That's what Anna had told me all along!

I never woke up with any discomfort and only had slight discomfort during the first two days. Just like when I dropped the 11am feeding, Brennan's nap scheduled determined how many feedings he got during the day. Most days he had a total of four feedings still; two nursing and two from the sippy. A couple of days he only ate three times. He started doing so well drinking from the sippy, that I increased the amount of those feedings to 6 oz. He started with exactly half breast milk and half cow's milk. Currently, he is getting a little more cow's milk than breast milk with each sippy.

I am so happy weaning is going so well. Brennan doesn't seem to miss nursing at all. He usually eats right after nap and he almost always wakes up from naps happy, so when I hear him start to wake up from one, I still have plenty of time to get his sippy all fixed up (I am warming it up still at this point) before he gets upset in his crib.

We are currently in the process of dropping the nighttime feeding and so far that is going equally well. He's such a little trooper! He's doing a great job of feeding himself more table foods too, so I know he's getting plenty to eat.

Okay, enough about boobies. How 'bout some pictures of the cute little guy?!?!

Brennan and Ringo love each other!


These pictures were posed. Thankfully he hasn't learned to pull up in his crib yet. We did go ahead and lower his mattress down one notch just in case he does it out of the blue one day.


Hi everybody!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too Cute!!! Love ya, val L.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...