Sunday, April 6, 2014

Dear Bryce,

You are 15 months old today and it's the first time I have blogged in forever! Right now you are still in size 3 diapers, but I'll probably get size 4 overnight diapers for you once these run out. You currently wear mostly 12-18 months clothes, but even some of your hand-me-down 18 month pajamas are getting a little tight on you. You have a size 5 foot, but still rarely wear shoes and refuse to leave socks on your feet for more than three seconds. You've already had a your 15-month checkup. You were 30.5 inches and 21.1 pounds. You are up to the 7th percentile in weight now instead of the zero! Here's a little of what you've been up to lately.

You are walking more and more, but crawling is still your main mode of getting around. You are quite the speedy crawler and are very adventurous, so I'm fine with you taking your time walking. I think you'll be quite a the wild child once you are a full-time walker. Speaking of being a wild child, Friday night you dove head-first into the bathtub full of water with you pjs on! I had given you a tubby with Brennan like I do most nights and had taken you out to get you dressed. When I'm home alone, I know I have to close the bathroom door if I leave Brennan in the tub for a few minutes because you've come close to diving in there before. This particular night, Daddy was home and I happened to leave the bathroom door open. I hollered down the hall, "Bryce is coming" when you took off crawling once you were dressed, but you were fast enough to get in there and into the tub before Daddy could grab you. Brennan was still in there and you obviously got soaked from head to toe. You were fine, but I can tell you're going to keep us on our toes.

I should probably stop here and make the important announcement that you have finally become a good sleeper! It only took you 14 months to figure it out. You did have a bad night a few nights ago that required me to go in several times to rock you, but other than that you've been sleeping 12-13 hours every night. It makes Mommy happy that I can finally get some good sleep and I'm super happy you are finally getting the sleep I know you need. You no longer get a bottle at bedtime. No more bottles at all and it seems like once I took that baby bottle away, you decided to sleep less like a baby. Some days you take two naps, but you can usually manage with just one now. Occasionally you'll fall asleep in the car in the morning and then it's much harder for you to fall asleep for an afternoon nap.

You were sick a few weeks ago with a double-ear infection. It was your second ear infection since turning one. You had never had one prior to that and I'm hoping it's not a new trend. I think you are close to cutting some of your molars, but right now you still have eight teeth. You are a such a good eater. You aren't too fond of veggies, but love fruit, yogurt, mac and cheese, quesadillas, grilled cheese, pizza, lasagna, chicken, ground beef, crackers. And you've already learned to love fruit snacks. You still have such a sweet tooth! You drink a lot of milk each day too.

You are talking more and more each day. You like to repeat a word until we acknowledge what you've said. It'll be hard for me to think of all the new words you've added, but off the top of my head I can think of: up, ba (for your sippy cup), mil (for milk), egg, and some d-word for diaper. My favorite is still when you say "all done". The only new sign you've added is the sign for "milk" and we've been working on thank you for a few days.

You are usually a very sweet and playful boy. You get super cranky when you're hungry and sometimes cry in your car seat now. I don't think you like being strapped down in the car. You are always on the move. You can make a huge mess in a matter of minutes. It's quite impressive. Your happiest time of the day seems to be after supper when your belly is full. You just go room to room playing with different toys and do a great job of entertaining yourself. You love playing with the toys in Brennan's toy box. You have also been enjoying jumping on the mini-trampoline.

You are certainly a Momma's boy. Daddy was hoping for a Daddy's boy with you, but no such luck. You do get super excited when Daddy gets home from work, but you love your Momma. You get super upset if I leave you, but I do feel like that's getting better when I leave you with Daddy. You become hysterical when I leave you in the church nursery, but it doesn't take you long to calm down. You want to be doing what Brennan is doing all the time, which annoys him to no end. You also love Ringo (which annoys me to no end). You give Ringo hugs all the time and crawl all over him. He's so sweet to you.

You are my sweet, blue-eyed, crazy wild boy. I feel like you are going to be so different from your brother and I'm excited to see how your little personality continues to develop. I love your hugs and kisses! Mommy loves you very much!

Love,
Mommy

I know I've shared this picture already, but I haven't uploaded pictures to the computer in such a long time, so this will have to do for now. :)



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...