Yesterday was cold and today is rainy, but I'm thankful we haven't had any severe weather like so many have down south. I am looking forward to some nice weather this weekend! Since it's another nasty day, after lunch the boys and I headed down to the basement to play for a bit. We have such a nice basement and don't use it as much as we should. We had lots of fun playing down there this afternoon though.
Brennan has been all about Easter egg hunts since well before Easter. They have them a lot at Cubbies because the kids like them so much and we've done a bunch since Easter here at home. I told him we could do one downstairs today, but then remembered an idea I saw last night in my Family Fun magazine, so we tried that instead. I spread a bunch of eggs out on the floor and gave him an addition problem. Then he had to go pick up that total number of eggs. He's been really into adding and this was a simple game for him to practice that concept.
I swear during the past week he looks so much bigger to me.
I like this picture because you can see how he used his fingers to finger out the answer to 5+2. He's shouting out, "Seven!" once he figured it out.
While Brennan was adding up eggs, Bryce decided he might have a future as a Red Sox baseball player. He found the ball on the floor and pulled out the matching bat from the toy box.
How cute would he look all decked out in Red Sox gear?!?
Then he pulled out all the T-ball stuff all by himself. We need to work on his form, but I like this series of action shots. Sorry some are blurry.
Melt my heart! I love when they actually get along!
We also spent some time shooting rockets! Brennan received this stomp rocket for his birthday and it's truly a great gift. If you're looking for a present for a boy, you should check this out on Amazon. It's so fun and can be used indoors or outdoors!
Sometimes rainy days aren't so bad after all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment