Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Bouncing Fun!

Last night I was thinking about what the boys and I could do when we woke up. I really wanted to take them to the zoo, but once we were up the weather was cooler than I had hoped. We decided we'd go to the local aquarium because we can see some inside exhibits there, but when we started loading up the car, I realized how chilly it really was and we changed plans again. We were going to head down to Old Saybrook to an indoor playground of sorts called Stay and Play, but on our way there we changed our minds one more time and ended up going to the Bounce Fun Center in Clinton. We're so spontaneous!

I had taken the boys to the bounce place once before when Bryce was very tiny and just stayed in the Ergo the entire time. I was excited to try it again now that both boys could enjoy it and because Brennan has been much more adventurous and independent at the playground, so I was hoping to see the same here.

It was nice because I didn't even realize kids under three were free, so it was just $10 for Brennan. The facility is completely indoors, so it's perfect for a way too chilly for the 2nd to last day of April kind of day. Inside there are seven bounce houses, two which include slides. It took Brennan a little bit to warm up to it and remember he could climb the inflatable ladders by himself, but once he had success he had a great time. Bryce would spend some time in the bounce houses, but preferred to just walk around with random balls he'd find.

There is also a small arcade. Arcades are Brennan's favorite, so he spent his $2 he found in his Easter eggs on tokens to play games. Then there is a baby room of sorts upstairs with a gate, so we checked that out too. Both boys had fun pulling all the toys out and playing.

When we first arrived, there was only one other little boy there. After we came down from playing upstairs a few more families had arrived. We bounced a little more, cashed in our tickets for some prizes and headed home to eat lunch.

I was hoping both boys would be exhausted from playing hard all morning, but that doesn't appear to be the case. Brennan is already up from his nap and Bryce is talking in his crib instead of sleeping. Guess I'll have to try harder to wear them out next time.

Here are few pictures I snapped with my phone.





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...