Sunday, April 20, 2014

Happy Easter


My blogging has been so horrible lately and I'm really hoping I can improve on that. I love posting pictures of the boys on here and I love that it makes me pull out the good camera more often. Today I wanted to share the pictures we've taken today of the boys celebrating Easter. Brennan has especially enjoyed it. He's been looking forward to an Easter egg hunt for months! But it's been even more fun listening to him talk about the true meaning of Easter and realizing how much more he can understand this year.

Unfortunately, Brennan woke up crying at 6am this morning. He said he needed to make a poop and poor little buddy had diarrhea. I tried to get him to rest a little more in our bed, but he wouldn't fall back to sleep. Thankfully after one more trip to the bathroom, he seemed to feel all better. Even though it wasn't even 7am yet, we started the Easter basket scavenger hunt.

I thought Brennan would like having clues lead him to his basket and when your four-year-old can read, it makes it especially fun. The scavenger hunt was a big hit! I'm sharing all the pictures because I just love the looks on his face. He did a great job reading the clues. I think I only helped him with one word. He's such a little smarty!











The search ended on our bed and Brennan immediately began tearing through his basket. Both boys got a lot of clothes for Easter because it has been such a long time since I've bought either of them any article of clothing. Brennan was super excited for his books, bubbles, and his favorite was this little dinky tabletop golf game.






Then we got Bryce up and he joined in on the fun too!


Thankfully we were able to get fed, dressed, and ready in time to take a few pictures of the boys before heading out the door for church. It's no easy task trying to get a decent picture of them together!





We had a great morning at church. Bryce didn't cry when I left him in the nursery today, which was huge! There was no Children's Church, so Brennan was up with us in the service the entire time and he did great. We are so thankful for our church family year-round, but especially at the holidays when being away from home is even harder. After church we asked Brennan what he wanted for lunch and he picked McDonalds. So, we grabbed some classy Easter lunch and headed home. After we ate, I went out and hid the Easter eggs for Brennan to find. 40 eggs in all and he easily found every single one!






Afterwards, we came inside, I laid Bryce down for a nap, and Brennan got to open his eggs. 20 of them had jellybeans inside, 18 were empty, and 2 had dollar bills inside. He was pretty excited for those. I took him outside one more time to blow his new bubbles for a little bit, then it was his turn to lay down for a rest. Right now both boys are still sleeping, I've had a little nap, and Kyle is asleep on the couch. It's a beautiful day and I couldn't think of a much better way to spend it!

Happy Easter!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...