Ok, now let's talk about the case of the missing earring.
Last Wednesday morning as I was brushing my teeth, I looked in the mirror and realized I was missing an earring. One of the diamond studs Kyle had given me. I wear these earrings all the time and never take them out (except for cleaning once in a blue moon). I couldn't believe I had lost one; especially because the backs screw on! How could it just fall out without me noticing?!?! I immediately started scouring the house. I assumed it must've fallen out overnight, but didn't find it anywhere in or around our bed. I looked all around and didn't find it. When B and I left the house that morning, I looked all through the car with no success.
Losing this earring was really the icing on the cake of a rather crappy couple of days. The first few days after arriving home from vacation were rough. I felt like Brennan was super whiny and I was readjusting to doing everything on my own after having my family around to help for a week. The TV broke while I was away and I thought I knew how to fix it and ordered a part, only to find out that wasn't the problem after all. I was able to get the TV working again, but it was just bad timing. Not that there would be a good time to the lose a diamond earring.
I never got around to calling my OB or a local consignment store - those were the only two places I went on Tuesday other than driving B to and from school. I just assumed it HAD to be in the house somewhere and hopefully it would eventually show up. Since Kyle and I aren't able to communicate right now, I decided to send him a facebook message hoping he would read it before we talk on the phone again. I just wanted to tell him the story about the losing the earring and tell him what a crummy week it had already been hoping he'd be less angry about it.
Since then I've kept my eyes open for the earring, but have been wearing a different pair that Kyle gave me. I wore that pair to bed last night and in the middle of the night the earring in my right ear started bothering me while I slept. I decided to take it out and as I was doing that, it was like deja vu. No kidding. All of a sudden I remembered that on Tuesday night in the middle of the night my right earring was bothering me and I decided to remove it. I could remember it so vividly; unscrewing the back carefully in the dark and placing it in the drawer of my bedside table.
So the case of the missing earring was solved at 4am this morning. I had taken it out in the middle of the night and put it in the drawer and completely forgotten about it. It's even funnier because I open that drawer every single night to get out my pen to write in my journal and hadn't seen or thought it about once until last night.
I'm seriously losing it! :)
| A pic from Sunday - 26 weeks 1 day |

1 comment:
i hate to tell you but it does not get better once baby #2 arrives!
I am so impressed that you journal each night! I do good to put pjs on or even wash my face. Ive been known to sleep in my makeup and my clothes...ohmy!
Post a Comment