Last night Brennan's school had a little picnic. I didn't know of anyone that was going, but thought it would be fun and it got me out of cooking, so we went. There were very few families there, but we had a great time. Brennan didn't eat much food; he was too interested in playing with the big kids. There were two soccer balls there and he immediately wanted to play. I have never seen him be so outgoing and independent. It was really surprising. He was laughing with the kids and holding their hands. He even walked by me at one point while holding a boy's hand and said, "Goodbye, Mommy!" He really had a great time and I enjoyed watching the big kids be so kind to him. I pray he is kind and patient like these kids were last night when he get bigger.
Today was the Groton Fall Festival. I assume it's an annual event, but this is the first time I've heard of it. It was at a local park and B and I decided to check it out. We had to park FOREVER away, but thankfully they had free shuttle service, which made Brennan's day. The festival was cute. There were tons of booths and lots of vendors and gobs of free stuff for kids. Brennan walked and walked and walked all around with me. It felt nothing like fall since it was 76 degrees and we were both sweating, but I'm so glad we went. Brennan even got his face painted like Spiderman and painted a pumpkin blue!

No comments:
Post a Comment