Brennan's school has a drop-off line. The school recommends parents use it and we've been using it since day one. You simply wait in line in your car and drive around the circle until you're up the building. The kids all arrive to school at the same time, so there are "veteran" kids who have been attending this preschool for a few years and then newbies like B. So far each time I've dropped Brennan off, I've walked around to his side of the car and gotten him out myself. The teachers are happy to get the kids out for you, but the first time a teacher opened B's door and started unbuckling him before I got over there, he started crying. Since that day we've been working up to the teacher being able to get him out. This week was his first week back to school after vacation, so on Tuesday he let the teacher (not his actually teacher) open the door and do his buckle, then Mommy actually got him out. Last night we talked some more about possibly letting the teacher get him out of his car seat, but he kept saying, "No, Mommy do it." We even prayed about it during his bedtime prayer.
Well this morning on the drive to school I brought it up again. And all of a sudden he said the teacher could get him out. When we pulled up to school to wait in the line he was super excited to see one teacher wearing a green shirt and one wearing a red shirt and was still saying one of them could get him out. I told him I'd be super proud of him if he was brave and even bring him a treat when I picked him up. This got him even more excited and he immediately said, "Doughnut!". Sure enough when it was his turn, he was super happy to let "red teacher" get him out of his car seat. He said, "Peek-a-boo!" when she opened his car door. Then he started talking a mile a minute once he was out saying, "No rain. Playground today!"
I know it's not really a big thing, but I just love little milestones like this. Brennan is a big Momma's boy, so this was a big step for him. I hope he keeps it up because it'll be so nice on days that is raining and after the baby is born if I'm able to just stay in my seat during drop-off. I might've even gotten a little teary-eyed driving away today because I was so proud of him. Dang these pregnancy hormones! :)
Guess it's time for me to go grab the kid a doughnut before I head back to pick him up!
I'll leave you with a video of him from Tuesday on the drive home from school. I'm so glad he loves school, but good grief could you at least be a little happy to see Mommy??!!
Thursday, October 4, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment