Thursday, October 11, 2012

Dear Brennan,

Oh Boo-Boo, you are 32 months old and seriously the cutest little guy on the planet. You continue changing so much and I know your Dada won't be able to believe how much you've changed when he gets home. It's super sweet to hear you talk about him and how he's on his "big black submarine". I'm excited to see you guys play together again.

You are wearing mainly 3T shirts and 2T pants. I feel like you've regressed a little with potty training. I've started putting you in a Pull-Up at naptime because you were peeing while you napped and it was way too hard for your pregnant Mommy to change your sheets and mattress pad everyday. Most days during the past week you've been dry after nap, so hopefully it was just a fluke. You are still always wet in the morning and I really hope we see a change there soon. You still wear a 6.5 shoe. I don't have any stats on your weight or height right now.

Sleeping and naptime continue to go well. I'm thankful you are still napping! Mommy has been napping almost everyday during naptime too! You've always been really funny about sleeping because you've never wanted anything in bed with you. You've never had a blanket or a stuffed animal. Nothing at all. Tuesday night it was pretty chilly in the house and I finally convinced you to sleep with a cover. You actually asked for the cover again last night. You're one silly boy.

You absolutely love school. You never cry when I drop you off. Sometimes you cry when I pick you up and ask to go to back to school. :) Your teachers say you are absolute joy! That makes me so happy. I think in the month you've been there you have become much more outgoing. You are much more willing to go play with other kids and you seem much friendlier at church. You talk a lot about your teachers.

We started story time at the library again and you love it. You love the teacher, Mrs. Tracy. She reads three or four stories to us each week and then has those books plus others related to the same subject that we can check out. We always check out one of the books she read and you get all excited about reading that one during the week. Just this morning you wanted to read all five books we checked out from the library right after waking up. You just love books and have started wanting to track the words while I read to you. I'm continually amazed by how smart you are. You also have a phenomenal memory. While at the beach GeGe showed you the combination to the safe in their room one time. You remembered it the rest of the week. You'd take the remote and press the safe combo and say, "Open!"

We had a great time in Myrtle Beach. You loved the beach and the pool and seeing family. You were an amazing traveler and I was very thankful. The first week back at home, you were super whiny. I think we were both adjusting to doing things on our own again. You seem to be back to your normal happy self now. You seem to have a very empathetic nature. You don't like to see other kids cry and recognize when someone is sad. You say, "I'm sorry" all the time. Most of the time you haven't done anything wrong, but I'm glad you willingly say it. You are also very polite most of the time. You are good about saying please and thank you. You love giving Mommy hugs too. You must give me at least 25 a day.

You continue to talk more and more. You've just started saying, "Ummm..." when I ask you a question and you're thinking of an answer. You will also tell me I'm "so beautiful" if I ask you how I look. I might've taught you that one. :) You say. "woohoo" often and frequently say, "Pop goes the weasel". By far the most annoying thing you say is, "No home, no home!" over and over again in the car when we are headed back home from somewhere.

Right now you seem excited about your baby brother. He should arrive in about 3 months. You like to hug and kiss my belly where "boy baby" lives. There are a couple of names at the top of my list right now and you have a favorite from that list. Now we just need to get Dada on board. I bought the first matching outfit for you boys the other day. I can't wait to see what you think of the baby once he's actually here.

I am so thankful you are almost always a sweet sweet boy. The frustrating moments and pretty few and far between. I love how excited you get over little things. I just love you so so very much!

Love,
Mommy

Here are a few pictures of you this morning all ready for Fire Prevention Day at school. Unfortunately the fire truck broke down and wasn't able to come to school today, but you sure looked cute in your fire truck sweater!


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...