Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Myrtle Beach

We just got home on Saturday from our annual family vacation. My mom and dad are gracious enough to pick a spot each year and we all meet for up for week of fun and relaxation. We've been to Las Vegas, NV (pre-Brennan); The Great Smoky Mountains, TN; Pompano Beach, FL; and then this year Myrtle Beach, SC. The trips are always fun and once we get home, I always make a Shutterfly photobook for everyone so we can remember the trip. I'm already almost done with this years!

Unfortunately Kyle wasn't able to be on our trip this year since he's deployed, so I wanted to make sure I shared some highlights and pictures here so he will be able to see. Prepare for a picture overload!

Our 4-bedroom resort was right on the beach this year!
Brennan wasn't a huge fan of the beach the first day, but after that he was all about it!

At Clint's suggestion, we ate at Medieval Times. Brennan really liked it!

Brennan and GeGe!
Brennan even got knighted while we were there!

Playing in the waves with Mommy.

B's favorite thing was to sit close to the ocean and dig in the sand.

And throw sand all over himself (and Mommy).

I was able to take this picture right before the wave came and washed the words away.

Brennan with GeGe and GaGa!

A shout out to Daddy!

The resort held daily turtle races in the lazy river. This is Brennan's "mean face"
right before the race.

Brennan's turtle finally won a race on Thursday! 
The balloon making stilt walker took a family pic for us at Margaritaville!

Broadway on the Beach had some kiddie rides. B loved them!

He was even willing to ride them all by himself. We went back a 2nd night since
he liked it so much!

Brennan with GeGe and GaGa after eating ice cream!

Spending a week here was pretty amazing!

Amanda and her two girls came to visit!

The kids all liked playing on the beach.

And getting tickled in GeGe and GaGa's bed!

Brennan in the water with GaGa and Hollie.

He's such a water bug and loved the pool.

Love is in the air!

My dad took B to the local fire department. I think B liked this as much as the ocean!

Not in focus, but a sister shot!

And at least one halfway decent picture of Mommy and B!
Our annual "good" family photo.

And the crazy photo.

The night we got home, I wrote down some of my highlights in my journal because I know I won't be able to remember everything and wanted to make sure I could share some of the details with Kyle when I get to talk to him again. Some of these are repeated from the captions above, so bear with me.

  • Brennan was a great traveler there and back - this kid really likes airplanes!
  • Thankful for people helping me out at the airport; they do take pity on a pregnant mom traveling alone with a toddler!
  • B working on his activity binder I made for the trip.
  • Our resort was right on the beach; just a short elevator ride down.
  • Loved starting each morning playing on the beach.
  • B slept really well in the pack-n-play and napped well each day. 
  • How mesmerized B was by Medieval Times; him getting knighted.
  • The heated outdoor pool was a huge a plus.
  • B watching the turtle races and cheering.
  • Amanda coming to visit.
  • B learning how to do thumbs up.
  • B kissing Adah.
  • B riding rides at Broadway on the Beach all by himself and LOVING it!
  • B swimming all by himself with swimmies on his arms.
  • B's love of elevators and remembering what floor we stayed on.
  • B remembering the combination to my parents' safe all week after opening it one time.
  • How much B loves my family even though we don't see each other often.
  • The funny things B said, "Double shot Maker's Mark", "Hollie is looking for a man", "C-Dub is making a baby", and coughing like C-Dub.
  • Watching B play mini-golf.
  • Eating Krispie Kreme donuts - YUM!
  • B winning 200 tickets on the Wheel of Fortune game at the arcade.
  • Finding B's Halloween costume at Old Navy.
  • My mom and Amanda getting to feel the baby kick.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...