We did pack away all your newborn clothes and some of your 0-3 months clothes. You are still skinny and long. I am anxious to see what the doctor says about your weight on Monday. I think your weight is probably about average for your age, but I'm surprised how little you are since you were born almost 9 pounds! I am also wondering if she'll want you to start some rice cereal soon. You are wearing 3-6 month size clothes for the most part and are still in size 1 diapers. However, once we finish this current pack, you are moving to size 2.
You continue to babble all the time and are really laughing now. It's really fun to be able to make you laugh. You reach out and grab things a lot and usually try to bring them towards your mouth. You have 2 teeth that are visible in your gums. They've been that way for about 3 weeks now. They look like your canine teeth, so I'm thinking you're going to be a vampire baby! You still are so good about just entertaining yourself on a blanket. However, I am having to watch you closely now because you can roll over! So far you've only done it from tummy to back, but I think you may go the other way soon. Now it's hard to give you tummy time because as soon as you're on your tummy, you roll over. That has made nap time more difficult because you use to nap on your tummy. Now when we lay you down, you roll over, and start to cry. Therefore, you've been getting swaddled at nap and at night now. You have also been using your Bumbo seat.
You took your first "vacation" to Washington, DC. Daddy got LASIK surgery done on his eyes and we went along to help. You were a great baby and only got mad when you got hungry because we were stuck in traffic. You got in a swimming pool for the first time while we were there and seemed to like it. We are still going to Stroller Strides a few days each week and you almost always fall asleep. We often end up over at Amanda's house afterwards and you tried the pool over there too. You used Adah's raft and fell to sleep! It was super cute! Sometimes you make noise now when we are at restaurants, so Mommy has to hold you. This past Sunday you started crying in church and Daddy had to take you out. However, most people claim they've still never heard you cry.
Once you hit 3 months, your sleeping patterns changed some. I don't know if it is because you're teething or growing or what. You started waking up a little earlier than normal. Thankfully I am able to feed you and then you go right back down. Most nights you are sleeping from about 7:30-5:30. You wake up to eat and then go back down until I wake you around 8:30 for Stroller Strides. Just last night you slept from 7:30pm-8:00am straight! I couldn't believe it! We continue to have the exact same bedtime routine. Mommy gives you a bath and then feeds you. You listen to your Bible story, get swaddled, Mommy sings "Jesus Loves You" to you, and then lays you down. I do wonder how long you are going to be swaddled at night. Maybe FOREVER! :) You typically bust your left arm out of your swaddle at night, so that might be a factor in you waking earlier too.
I guess that's a pretty good recap of what's been going on. You are a wonderful baby. We get compliments on you all the time. You are so cute and I think you are going to be one smart cookie. And probably one hyper cookie too because you move all the time! I love you to pieces!
Love,
Mommy
Brennan at 3 months
Brennan today at 4 months
A super cute close-up

1 comment:
that close up is awesome! he is so stinking cute, i can't take it!!!!!!!
Post a Comment