However, Kyle can see now and his eyes are healing great. We stayed in a great area at a great resort. And we did manage to squeeze some fun into our week.
On Monday, after Kyle's pre-op, we went to the National Zoo. It was Brennan's first visit to a zoo and the National Zoo is free, so that's pretty cool. We also went and visited some old friends from the boat. It was great to see Staci and her boys and to meet her baby girl Natalie.
Brennan was excited for the zoo!
The best part (because there were no giraffes) was the baby gorilla. He was so cute!
On Tuesday, after Kyle's surgery, he needed to rest, so I took Brennan to the pool. We ended up at the indoor pool because I left his hat in the room and didn't want to go back up to get it. He seemed to have a good time. No pictures though because we were there by ourselves.
Wednesday was Kyle's follow-up. Afterwards we came back to the room and I went to the pool to lay out, so I did get to relax a little. That night we walked around National Harbor and ate dinner at a really nice seafood restaurant.
On Thursday, we checked out of our hotel, headed to the Metro station, and went into downtown DC. Here are some pics from our day. It was VERY hot, so we did a quick tour.
Thursday afternoon we checked into a new hotel in Bethesda so we were closer to the hospital. Friday morning, Brennan and I slept in while Kyle went to his final follow-up. We checked out and headed home. We made a stop at Six Flags in New Jersey to do the Wild Safari. We loved driving through and seeing all the animals roaming around. The giraffes were by far the coolest! (And I'm not biased at all!)
Hope you enjoyed a peek at our week. (Ha! That rhymes!)

1 comment:
You are a rhyming nerd! Love the first pic of B at the zoo..super cute!
Post a Comment