Friday, May 14, 2010

Friday's Fab Five

So many fabulous things have happened in the past week. It might be a struggle to keep my list to only 5!

1. Stroller Strides - Last Friday I said I was getting ready to go to my first Stroller Strides meeting. I have now been to three of them. It's fun to get out of the house in the morning and working out. Plus, you get to be around other mommies. One of our meetings was at Mohegan Park in Norwich. I had never been there before and it's a really nice park!

2. Chipotle - Kyle texted me on Friday afternoon asking if I wanted to go to Chick-fil-a for dinner. The closest Chick-fil-a is in Massachusetts (an hour and half away)! I told him I was up for it if he really wanted to, but we ended up thinking it would be better to go Saturday for lunch. When he got home from work, he asked if I wanted to go to Chipotle for dinner. The closest one is in Warwick, RI (about 35 minutes away). We did go there for dinner and it was very YUMMY!

3. Chick-fil-a - We did make it to Chick-fil-a on Saturday. We left around 10:30. It was pretty neat because Chick-fil-a had these guys in tuxes helping you carry your tray to your table and they were taking away your trash. They were also giving carnations to the moms. I guess they had to celebrate Mother's Day a day early since they're closed on Sunday. There is a funny story that goes along with our trip to the Burlington Mall.
Kyle dropped Brennan and me off at the door because it was raining. Brennan was in his stroller and we waited right inside the door for Kyle to park. Brennan was starting to get fussy because it was time for him to eat. We were right at the escalator to go up to the food court, but I was nervous to go up the escalator with the stroller by myself. Kyle has always done it. I tried to wait and just push Brennan around for a few minutes, but the parking lot was packed and I finally decided Brennan didn't need to wait any longer and I would just have to be brave and go up alone. I knew what I needed to do: put the front wheels of the stroller on the step and keep the back wheels lifted in the air. I got the front wheels on and had the back wheels up and put my left foot on the escalator too. But my right foot didn't want to move. It wasn't literally stuck on anything I just got nervous and couldn't lift it for the life of me. I had a Buddy the Elf moment because my left foot kept getting further and further away from my right. I finally had to let go of the stroller with my right hand (still supporting it with my left), grab the handrail of the escalator, and put myself up. By doing that I made this lady in front of me nervous and she asked if I needed help and ended up holding onto the stroller too. I felt really dumb. Then once we got to the top, I turned around and Kyle was 2 people behind me! If only I had waited another minute.
Here's the scene from the movie. It was pretty much just like this, except reverse the feet (and I wasn't dressed as an elf)!
4. Crate and Barrel - After the mall on Saturday, we stopped at the Crate and Barrel that is in the same parking lot. We bought a new comforter for our bed! It was my Mother's Day present.

5. Mother's Day - I celebrated my first Mother's Day on Sunday. It was a nice day. We went to church and just relaxed the rest of the day. Brennan gave me the best present on Saturday by laughing! It was an awesome sound! There's a funny story that happened on Sunday too.
Kyle was craving a Dairy Queen Blizzard. We ended up going over to Eric and Christie's and Kyle helped them move some furniture around. The four of us ended up going to DQ together. It was past Brennan's bedtime, so he was asleep in his car seat and it was cold outside, so Christie and I stayed in the car while the boys stood in line. (Our DQ is super small; no drive-thru, no indoor seating, and the line is always out the door.) It took the boys forever to get through the long line, but we finally saw them at the counter and then exiting and returning to the car. However, they each only had one Blizzard in their hands. When they got to the car, they handed us our Blizzards and told us that while they were in line an announcement was made that they could longer accept credit cards. Kyle had no cash. Eric only had a little. So they started adding up the cost to see what they could get and 2 Blizzards was it. They decided since it was Mother's Day, they better get the Blizzards for us. Poor guys!

I hope your weekend is full of fabulousness!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ding Dong that is what elevators are for. The mall cop would have yelled at you for that! :) Val L.

Alicia said...

I'm pretty sure #3 is why there are "no stroller" signs on escalators. :) But I would have loved to see it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...