1. Sunday was Father's Day; Kyle's First Father's Day to be exact! He was in Kentucky for a wedding during the weekend, so B and I had to leave church early and go to the airport to get him. B was great in the car and our timing worked out perfectly because I was able to stop at a gas station right outside the airport to feed and change B before picking up Kyle and we were all good to go. On the way home, we stopped for lunch at Chipotle. (I think this at least the 3rd time Chipotle has made the Fab 5 list!) The rest of the day was spent relaxing at home.
2. We decided to start giving Brennan rice cereal this week. At his four-month appointment the doctor said it was up to us. She said he doesn't need it right now, but we can start when we feel he is ready. He hasn't been eating as much (at least not as long) lately (maybe he is just getting super efficient), so we decided to go ahead and try. He is doing really well with it. He has only been getting it once a day so far, but today is supposed to be in the first 2 a day, so we'll see how that goes. He did sleep really well last night. He went down a little later than normal since we were visiting with friends, but slept from 8:30-6:30. And even then he went back to sleep after his 6:30 feeding! Such a good boy! He likes his sleep just like his momma!
And as a side note, I LOVE going into his room in the mornings! When he wakes up the first time, he just makes little noises and always seems so happy to see me. It always makes me laugh because I lay him at one end of the crib and he is always at the opposite end in the morning. I think he would scoot for miles if the crib wasn't there to stop him. After he goes back down, I usually have to go in and wake him for Stroller Strides. I love to look at him while he is sleeping. It is so precious. Just this morning his little lips were moving like he was eating. I can't get enough of that little guy!3. I hosted an online Thirty-One party. I am excited some people ordered and that I was able to get some good deals on a few things. It was also nice to help my sister, Lauren, get some more orders!
4. I went to Stroller Strides 4 times this week! It has been hot here (although it's nothing compared to back home in KY!). I am proud of myself for sticking with it. A friend I made at Stroller Strides had Brennan and me over yesterday, so that was fun. She is a Mary Kay consultant, so now I am thinking about getting some Mary Kay makeup! Going to Stroller Strides not only gives me time to workout and meet new mommies, it also gives us a chance to see new places around town. Today we went to Esker Point Beach. We will definitely be going back there. It's a free public beach. The website said you have to pay to park, but that wasn't true today.
5. I am so thankful we made it home from Stroller Strides today in one piece! When we left the house this morning, I could tell there was a big mess already on the highway because a cop was directing traffic. Thankfully we didn't need to go that way to get to our destination. On our way to the beach, I noticed traffic was backed up in other places too, but it still didn't affect us. It would affect our trip home, so I was hoping it would get cleared up. Unfortunately, it was still backed up after class, so I decided to take an alternate route. Everything was backed up though! It was crazy. Our 5 mile drive home took a little over an hour! This is the 2nd time in less than two weeks that the highway has been shut down when we need to get home! We made it and Brennan was pretty content the whole time. He started getting fussy right before we got home. That guy is such a good trooper!
And a bonus #6. I am thankful for my fabulous friends Amanda and Val. Amanda, I am so sorry Brennan pooped all over your couch last night. (Although it does still make me laugh a little). Val, thanks for cleaning the couch while I cleaned my son! I'm sorry you had to witness that blow out! :) I am so excited that we will all be able to spend time together this summer! Holla!
Have a great weekend!

4 comments:
HOLLA!!!!! GREAT fab 5. worth the wait! :)
ummm...hellooo...you are supposed to be getting your MK from me!!
Wha-what!!! I think you owe Laura a HUGE order for not ordering MK from her a long time ago....maybe you could buy enough to get her a free car...or 5!
Thanks Amanda...geez Rachel!!! :)
Post a Comment