Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Dear Bryce,

You are seven months old now my wild little man! You are definitely getting bigger, but at your six month check-up you weighed 15 pounds 6 ounces, which only put you in the 20th percentile. You were 40th percentile for length. You are currently wearing mostly 6-9 month clothes. The clothes I already packed away because they were too small are now officially gone. We sold them to a friend, so that means there's a a very very good chance you'll be my last baby. You're crazy enough to make that seem ok though. :) You still wear size 2 diapers during the day and size 3 at night.

You are still nursing. I'm hopeful to make it to a year with you, but you eat so quickly most times now I sometimes wonder if you're getting enough. You still get solids twice a day. Somedays you act really hungry and eat everything up I give you and other days you seem to care less. I don't really push it. If you don't act interested then I just get you down. I think I'm much more relaxed with you than I was with your brother. You did enjoy eating the squeezy pouch foods a few times when I tried those. You're showing a lot more interest in using a sippy cup, so we are going to try to be more consistent about using that this next month.

Let's talk sleep. Or lack there of! :) Knock on wood, the past two nights have been better. I stopped using your sleep sack three nights ago because after a month of being in that thing your sleep wasn't getting any better. You seem to be a belly sleeper. Last night you were only up once at 3am and then up for the day around 6:40 (which is too early, but at least I only got up once in the middle of the night). I am so hopeful that more sleep will come soon. I know this time will soon seem like a distant memory, but some days are ROUGH! You typically take two naps each day. You have been taking an excellent morning nap, but the afternoon one usually isn't as long. You can get pretty cranky at night because if you only nap until 3:00 or so, you end up awake for 4 hours before bed and you get super tired. You also seem to be pooping almost every single morning and I think that's waking you up early.

Still no crawling. I thought you'd be an early crawler, but honestly I'm not sure when you'll do it because you get around really well rolling and turning on your belly. You can move fast and get to anything you want. You are already drawn to the electronics in the living room. You also have several toys you like now including ABC blocks, the workbench, and bowling pins. You're in the living room playing with the blocks right now as I type this. You are supposed to be napping. Oh well. You roll so quickly and sometimes I just need you to be still for a few minutes. Right after you turned 6 months you and Brennan received a package in the mail and the box was the perfect size little "bed" for you. It was super shallow and I put a blanket in it and in you went. You would just lay on your back and play and couldn't roll around. It was nice. For about two weeks until you figured out how to roll out of that too. :)

Your rolling makes diaper changes nearly impossible. I rarely use your changing table anymore because you are all over the place. You HAVE  to have something in your hands in order for me to have any chance of getting a new diaper on. Even then it's a big challenge. I often call you crazy because I just feel like you don't want to stop moving. I think that's what you aren't proficient at sitting up yet. You can do it for just a few seconds, but always want to arch your back and lay back down so you can get to rolling again. I think once you've mastered sitting up that will make my job easier. I can dream, right?

You like books now. You get so excited at bedtime when I grab your bedtime book "Welcome to the World". You just start making these excited almost snorting sounds. You also like the Little Einstein ABC books Brennan always loved. Your favorite thing to chew on is a spout I took out of one of your sippy cups. You still like Sopie too and also like the little star teething cloth we have.

You have moved up to taking baths in the duck tubby now. You are constantly rolling onto your belly during bath time too. You can hold your own bottle if you get one. You took a bottle three nights in a row when Daddy put you to bed while Mommy and Brennan were at VBS. We also took the car seat adapter off the double stroller, so you ride in that like a big boy now. We just installed Brennan's new car seat, so you're about to move into the convertible seat! You have also learned to shake your head "no". I can't believe that's one of the first things you've learned. I'm afraid it mean you're gonna be trouble! :) You like to fly up in the air and will just laugh every time we do that. Ringo also makes you laugh.

I call you wild and crazy, but you are a good baby. You cry when you're tired, but even then it's not a full out cry. You do this cute little sound that sounds like Chewbacca from Star Wars. You put yourself to sleep for naps and bedtime. If you do wake in the middle of the night, you simply eat and go right back to sleep. You are great about playing independently on the floor or in your exersaucer. You are such a handsome little dude too. You still have your blue eyes that get comments wherever we go. I'm excited to see what the next month holds because I know soon you'll be interacting a lot more with Brennan and I can't wait to see what that's like.

Love you wild guy!

Love,
Momma

Bryce back at 6 months

Today at 7 months. It was such a fun "photo shoot". He was so happy!

Shaking his head "no!"


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...