Monday, August 12, 2013

Dear Brennan,

Yesterday you turned 3 1/2 years old! I'm not sure I'm going to keep doing these updates each month now that you're getting so big. I might just start doing more of a list version or just a recap of some the funny things you're saying or doing. You are wearing mostly 3T clothes, but I was just saying the other day that we will probably start buying anything new in 4T. I love this time because you can wear such a wide range of clothes. Some things that say 24 months will still fit you, but 4T still fits fine too. You did have to get new shoes this past month! I was putting your shoes on one morning and realized they were really tight. You're now wearing a size 8! You still wear a Pull-Up at bedtime and most mornings it's still wet. I'm hoping you won't be a seven-year-old that needs to wear Pull-Ups!

In last month's update I mentioned your attitude. I am so happy to say that it has been so so so much better this past month. If that was the extent of your terrible 3's then I think we have gotten off easy! You have been super pleasant and I love it. You are such a good helper with your brother. Sometimes I'll be back in the nursery and realize I left the baby wipes or something else I need out in the living room and you bring it right to me. You still seem to like Bryce, but aren't a fan of when he rolls up to you and touches you while you're standing up. I always remind you that you're bigger and can move faster than him so you just need to move to a different spot. Bryce still adores you and lights up anytime he looks at you!

You attended VBS at the end of July. In the past you stayed in the nursery while Mommy worked, but this year you went around with the preschool crew. You're supposed to be four to do that, but they made exception for you and you did great. It was totally cool to see you singing and dancing while I was leading worship on stage! We've been talking about school starting back up and you seem super excited for it. You'll be going Monday, Wednesday, and Friday starting at the beginning of September.

Your obsession with numbers continues. You seriously LOVE numbers. You still love exit numbers. You always want to see how much battery power is left on the iPad or my phone. At the mall we have to walk in Old Navy just to see what checkout lane numbers are lit up and open. You love the checkout lane numbers at Target and the commissary too. I thought the commissary was going to be dreadful this summer since I'd be going most weeks with you and your brother, but it is so super easy because you get so excited to see which lanes are open and to go up and down the aisles in order. Just recently you have started to hold my phone during our grocery trips and will check off the items on the list for me as I pick them up.

When I was putting you to bed tonight, I realized I haven't really talked about our bedtime routine in quite awhile. You get a bath almost every night before bed. You like Mommy to give you your bath, but we've made progress to at least let Daddy start your tubby as long as Mommy does the washing after I put Bryce to bed. You are super good about going to bed because we still just tell you what the clock will say when it's bedtime and you don't put up any fight. After we brush your teeth and go potty, you always get to pick out two stories. It's so cute to watch you stand at your bookshelf and decide what books you want. Lots of time you'll pick out books from the library. For the past week or so we've read the story Emily's First 100 Days of School at every nap and bedtime. It counts to 100, so it's no surprise you like that one! After those two stories, we pray together, Mommy sings you "Jesus Loves Me" and "One More Minute" (a Mommy original), and then you go to sleep. You don't ever get out of your bed at nap or bedtime. Most days you'll stay in bed until 4 at naptime and you always stay quiet until 7 in the morning. If only your brother was as good of a sleeper as you!

Your reading continues to blow us away. You read signs when we are out that have words we had no idea you knew. You are learning to sound things out. It's really amazing. We've been practicing writing your letter and numbers. You are just such a smart dude!

You say some of the best things! Here are a few of my favorites right now:

  • "Turn your head over!" - said when I'm not looking at you.
  • "You're so beautiful." - you've started saying this when you know I'm frustrated with you!
  • "Pay attention, Rachel!" - you told me that the other day when I messing up on an iPad game.
  • "We've never done this in a while." - said when we haven't done something in awhile.
  • "Look at this booger, Mommy! It's a good one!" - you just said that one today after nap!
You just got a new car seat. You love it! Bryce is using the one you were in, so you got an upgrade. Things like that show me how quickly you're growing up! I feel like this is just such a fun age. You take in everything around you and don't forget anything. You talk constantly and are getting more and more energetic. You don't sit or stand still for very long periods of time anymore; you're almost always bouncing around. You're such a sweet little dude!

I love you!

Love,
Mommy




Follow on Bloglovin


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...