Sunday, February 27, 2011

Tot School - 12 months

Tot School

If you're here for the first time, welcome. I have been following Carisa's blog for quite a while. I LOVE all the activities she plans for her kiddos.

We celebrated Brennan's first birthday two week ago and I have decided to start Tot School with him. I mentioned in a previous post that Tot School for kids as young as B isn't much more than just letting them play and explore. In fact, Carisa's exact words about Tot School are: exposing early learning skills through FUN play. I was planning on starting the previous week, but B was sick and was napping a lot, so we put it off until this past week. Here's some of the fun we had this week!

He got lots of new puzzles for his birthday and LOVES them. He can't put the pieces back in their spots yet, but likes to take them all out.
a Melissa and Doug puzzle

He has also enjoyed playing with his Leapfrog Fridge Phonics. Just within the past week, he has learned how to put the letters in the slot! He's so smart! Each time he presses the button that sings the ABCs, he dances. Here you can see a video of him finding the letter 'B'.

B really likes playing with these strainers in the bathtub.  I decided to bring them out for Tot School so he could practice nesting. He did it a few times, but quickly lost interest. He was able to put them on his head when asked. They are a cool toy because they nest, stack, and link!







We are also liking these Alphabooks. Each little book shows an upper and lowercase letter on the front and back and has three pictures and words that start with that letter inside. We've been reading them all almost daily.


I have been wanting to let Brennan "paint" with yogurt for a while now. He is still at the stage where everything goes in his mouth, so yogurt painting seemed like a safe and fun option. I tried it one morning after breakfast and he got mad and threw a fit until I got a spoon and fed him the yogurt. I guess he was still hungry! 

We also had fun watching the rain!

I hope to catch some more fun this coming week. I'll try to do a better job at keeping the camera close by. I am excited to link up for the first time and get started with Tot School! 

2 comments:

Sherri said...

Brennan is just too smart! We want to see him before too long. Let us know when it's convenient for you guys.

Nadia said...

i love the leapfrog fridge phonics but it seems that when im not looking my daughter throws some of the letters into the trash can.. :(

Thanks for sharing your cute ideas with your lil one

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...