Friday, February 4, 2011

Friday's Fab Five

This week, I made sure I remembered to do a Fab Five!

1. On Monday, Brennan and I ran some errands. We went into iParty and I saw one of my former student's mothers. She actually saw me first. She said her daughter, Megan, is doing well in 5th grade this year, but that 4th grade with Mrs. Gould (my maternity leave sub) and me was her best year so far. It definitely brought a smile to my face to hear that! I also received a really nice email from my principal yesterday after I informed her I would officially be resigning from my job in Colchester. I really loved my job there, so it's nice to hear others liked me back!

2. This week are trying out Target brand diapers. So far I really like them. I was still putting a Pampers on Brennan at night, but on Thursday morning he woke up soaked in pee. His pjs were wet, his sheet was wet, even the mattress pad! It was like he hadn't even been wearing a diaper at all! So I guess we'll try the Target diapers overnight or buy some other overnight diapers. Maybe he's just ready to move out of Pampers size 3. Anyway, the fabulous part is that I like the Up and Up diapers so far, so that will save us money.

3. I made Hearty Queso Chicken Soup with Black Beans and Potatoes for dinner Wednesday night. It was YUMMY! I highly recommend it. I cooked and shredded the chicken the day before, so the prep time was very short! And the company was pretty good too because the Cizeks came over. :)

4. Brennan is drinking whole milk! During the weaning process I was mixing expressed breast milk with whole milk and he seemed to like it fine. Yesterday was his first day drinking straight whole milk and he did great. I am still warming it up right now. So glad it was an easy transition.

5. In less than one week my sister and brother-in-law will be here! They are coming to help celebrate Brennan's 1st birthday! Brennan can't wait to see his Auntie La-la and Uncle C-Dub.

1 comment:

Hoover Family said...

Oh my gosh, I can't believe he is almost one!

I don't remember if I told you when you visited us, but Amazon has the best deal on diapers! If you sign up as an amazon mom, and do subscribe and save I think you get around 30% off and free shipping! I pay just over $20 for a huge box of huggies! My boys did best in huggies. Their overnight diapers work great! They leaked through Pampers as if they weren't even wearing a diaper!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...