Friday, February 18, 2011

Friday's Fab Five

It's a gorgeous Friday here in CT. I hope you're having a fabulous Friday and have something fun planned for the weekend! Here's what has been happening around here this past week:

1. Monday was Valentine's Day. I think Kyle and I must the most unromantic couple ever. We don't make a big deal out of the holiday at all. He had to work late and we just watched a little TV once he got home and went to bed. I did give him a card though. Isn't it cute?! Haha.


2. Brennan threw up yesterday. Not so fabulous. But he hasn't thrown up any since 11am yesterday. That is fabulous. I think it was caused from his getting chocked up on flem when he was coughing. At least now I have experienced my first time having to clean up my kid's throw up. It actually wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I mainly just felt sorry for the little guy. I am thankful his car seat cover comes off and is machine washable! And Febreze is fabulous too!

3. I went to the mall last night sans child! Brennan and I were actually on our way to the mall when he threw up yesterday, so after cleaning him up the best I could in the mall parking lot, we turned around and came back home. Kyle was nice enough to stay at home with B last night so I could make a quick run back to the mall. I got some new shirts for Brennan and I picked up my monthly free gift from Bath and Body Works! Check it out; no purchase necessary!

4. Today I am getting my hair cut. I am still undecided exactly what I am going to have done. I have a few pictures I have found. I am kinda leaning towards one that is really short and kinda funky, but I'm not sure I can pull it off. I am more concerned with how long it would take to fix it each morning (well the mornings I actually fix my hair). I am pretty low maintenance gal, so I don't like hair styles that take super long to fix. What do you think? I am going at 2:00, so you better tell me fast.

A not too short, simple bob:

Shorter in the back:

Short and funky:

Like the previous one I guess, but with less product:

5. Tomorrow Brennan is getting his one year pictures taken! I am so excited. The fabulous photographer, Becky Anderson, who did Brennan's newborn pics moved to NYC in December. I was pretty bummed she wasn't going to be around to do Brennan's one year shots. After looking around at some other photographers, Kyle had convinced me we should just wait until spring so we could get some better outside shots. Well guess what?!?! Becky Anderson is coming back to CT this weekend and was willing to do sessions while she was here! We jumped at that opportunity! I am hoping B cooperates and we get some super cute pictures of him. And you can finally see some of our grass for the first time in almost 2 months, so outside pictures might work after all!

Has it really been one year, since these pictures where taken?!?!




2 comments:

Beth said...

I like the 1st hair cut. I had one similar to it & it was so easy to take care of...and believe it or not...versatile.

Sherri said...

I like all the choices, Rachel. Please post a picture when you get it cut.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...