Thursday, November 11, 2010

Dear Brennan,

You are 9 months old today! As I say every single month, time is just flying by! You go to the doctor tomorrow, so I will know your official stats then, but here is a little about what's been going on the past month!

You are growing, growing, growing! I get a little sad that you can't wear anything that says 6 months on it anymore. I know 6 months was three whole months ago, but it makes me feel like you are growing up too fast! You mainly wear 9 month or 12 month clothes. We just bought you new pjs that are size 18 months, but we have to buy those large because of the way they are made. You seem to have gotten a lot taller in the last month, so I am curious to see how long you are tomorrow. You are wearing size 3 diapers and are still pretty squirmy during diaper changes. Just a few minutes ago I was changing you and you pulled the mirror off the wall! You're one strong little dude!

You are an excellent sitter now. I wasn't sure if you'd ever learn to do it for a long period of time, but you finally mastered it! Since you sit so well, you now get baths in the regular tub. You're such a big boy! You continue to LOVE bath time. You are still great in the car seat and the stroller. Mommy isn't attending Stroller Strides anymore because you were needing to nap during that time, but we still use the stroller when we're out and about. Just the other day, you sat in the front of the shopping cart for the first time and really seemed to love that. People always comment on how cute you are when we are out. You are very smiley and people really like that!

You still eat at the same times during the day, but you are now eating some finger foods. Usually after you eat your solids, I give you some finger foods as snacks. You eat goldfish crackers, Cheerios, yogurt melts, and Gerber puffs. I think you are probably ready to try to eat some fruits and veggies that way too. You mastered the snack trap in no time at all and get so excited if you catch glimpse of it on the counter while being carried around. You got your front bottom two teeth, so that has helped you chew up the finger foods. I am thinking the top front ones might not be far behind because you've been a little fussy the past few days.

Not much has changed with your sleeping patterns. When we went to DC last week, you slept later than normal, which was great. Then we came home and you were waking for a feeding between 6-6:30 like normal, but not wanting to go to back to sleep. I think I figured it out this morning though! I fed you at 6:00 and then laid you back now and you were babbling like crazy. That's all you usually do in the mornings, but this morning I decided to just leave you in bed and I guess you talked yourself back to sleep! The only thing I crave is more consistent nap times. You are a good napper, but they don't start or end at the same time each day, so it makes it hard to plan anything with Mommy's friends. I am just glad you are such a good sleeper though!

You "talk" all the time, but haven't said any real words yet. You say, "dadadada" but don't seem to know that is a word. You can clap your hands and will do it if I say, "good job" or "yeah". You aren't crawling yet and get really frustrated if you're put on your stomach. Most of the time you just roll over to your back immediately. I am excited for you to crawl, but enjoying you being non-mobile for now! And you still have NEVER rolled from your back to your front. One of the best things is that your spitting up has decreased drastically over the last month and I am so happy!

You are such an easy baby! The days when you are fussy are sometimes hard, but I remind myself all the time how lucky we are. You are just the cutest thing ever and I love you more than you will ever know!

Love,
Mommy

Brennan back at 8 months

Brennan today at 9 months

Check out that smirk!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I wish tomorrow was December 10th!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...