1. He can hold his old bottle. Well, at least for a little while. I am sure he could do better if he got a bottle more often, but since he only gets one occasionally, I am proud of his accomplishment!
2. He can sit up. Well, for a little while. :) Longer than he used to be able to. He still needs his hand on the floor for balance and when you make a big deal about the fact that he is sitting, he gets all excited, thrashes about, and falls over.
3. He gives lots of kisses! Kisses have been happening for a while now, but they are more frequent and he'll usually give them on demand. They are wet, open-mouthed, and slobbery, but I love them! We tried to get some kisses caught on camera last night. It didn't go extremely well. We got several of his different types of kisses:
The "spit up kiss" (not mommy's favorite!)
The "I want to suck off your face kiss" - This is the most common
The "I've had enough of giving kisses kiss"
4. He is in his big boy car seat now. We went ahead and switched to a convertible car seat, since we were tired of carrying the car seat carrier around. He LOVES his new seat because he can see outside better.
5. He likes to eat his toes while eating his solids. Feeding is a messy time around here. The first battle is keeping his hands out of his mouth. I feel like I have won that one after about 2 months of constant reminders. He is still blowing raspberries like crazy. Sometimes it is to tell me he is done, but other times I think he just does it for fun. It is really annoying and I usually have to eat up changing my clothes after a feeding. I have been showing him sign language, but he is still too young to use it. I hope one day it helps us communicate! The new thing is that he can now put his foot in his mouth and likes to do so between bites of food. I'll feed him a bite of peas, he inserts his foot, removes his foot, and I wipe off the peas from the foot. Pretty gross. I am hoping this messy eating thing is just a stage!
I will try to add more pictures to this post later. I wanted to get the Fab Five up because I know how people get all irritated if it isn't up by a decent time! :) B is napping right now (2.5 hours so far!!!) so I will snap a car seat picture and a sitting picture later this afternoon.
Have a great weekend!

2 comments:
I'm glad someone is napping today! Stafford seems to think he is an adult and should therefore stay up all day. I finally got him to go down at 4:50 after being up since basically 8am this morning!! (he had one short nap in the middle)
The "I want to suck your face off" are my fav kisses. Sure wish I could get one right now from him!!!!
Post a Comment