You have continued to outgrow more clothes. I always think I have them so organized in your dresser and then one day I'll find something and hold it up and say, "I think this is too little." You tend to outgrown things length-wise first. You can still wear a few 3-6 month things, but are mostly in 6 months and a few 9 months outfits. You are currently on your last pack of size 2 diapers. We just bought size 3 last night because you're getting so big. So big, in fact, that Mommy and Daddy don't like carrying you in your car seat carrier anymore. It's getting too heavy!
Eating is going really well. You eat cereal three times/day and have baby food with it twice/day. You have tried almost all of the Stage 1 baby foods and like anything that isn't green. Mommy has to mix the peas and green beans in with your cereal to get you to eat those. You seems to especially love carrots and all fruits. You still aren't sure about a sippy cup. We just bought new ones with straws last night, so we'll try those out. I don't think you like water, so I'll have to start putting some milk I have pumped in there for you. You definitely don't like cold water. You can use a straw and sometimes we'll let you take a drink when we are at a restaurant and you make a funny face.
Still no teeth. I am shocked because you are such a drooler and always chewing on everything. Surely some are going to come in soon! You still can't quite sit up on your own either. If you put your hands on the floor in front of you, you can do this bent over sit. You also still haven't rolled over from your back to your tummy yet. You get so close when you're reaching for things, but just haven't gotten the hang of it yet.
There are a lot of new things you are doing though. Right after your 5 month birthday, you discovered your feet. Now you play with them all the time! Sometimes you'll even grab them when asked. You don't put them in your mouth yet like most babies, though. You also blow raspberries constantly. It was super cute at first, but you also like to do it when you're eating and that is no fun. Mommy is always saying, "No spitting your food!" during feeding time. You also use your hands to grab everything. That also makes feeding time hard. I have to repeatedly ask you to keep your hands down so you don't get food all over the place. You have finally started to straighten your legs when we stand you up. However, you usually just jump like crazy when we try to do that. Just recently you starting sucking in your bottom lip. It's super cute! When I tried to feed you green beans for the first time, you just sucked in that bottom lip and wouldn't open your mouth at all! Probably my favorite new thing you're doing is reaching for people. You'll reach out to Mommy and Daddy and it's super sweet!
Mommy wanted to get some pictures of your new funny faces, so I got the camera out the other day while you were eating. You were the perfect model! You did exactly what I wanted you to!
Here you are sucking in your bottom lip.
This month you also had your first big vacation. It included your first airplane ride! You did great on the plane! Mommy was so proud. You got to visit Mommy and Daddy's hometown in Kentucky and meet all sorts of new family members. We were away from home for two whole weeks! It was nice when we got back. You seemed to be happy too because you are back to sleeping really well, which wasn't the case while we were gone.
You are still an awesome sleeper. You take good naps during the day. Now you don't seem interested in Mommy reading and rocking you before naps. You just want to be swaddled and put down. You are doing well at night too, but still waking up for an early morning feeding. Mommy is ready for you to drop that feeding, but then I remember there are plenty of babies out there your age or older that don't sleep through the night yet and I should be grateful. When you wake up between 5:30-6:00 I have just been feeding you on one side. You'll go right back to sleep after that and still be hungry when you wake up at 7:30ish. Mommy learned that trick from reading Chronicles of a Babywise Mom. Our bedtime routine is still exactly the same, but now you get cereal and baby food before your bath. Mommy is also considering nursing you before your cereal so that you'll learn to go to sleep without breastfeeding right before. Speaking of that, Mommy is so glad that you're still doing well eating and that I've been able to breastfeed for 6 months. Here's to making it a full year!
I'm sure there is more stuff you've been up to, but that hits most of it I think. Right now you're napping in your crib after getting crummy shots at the doctor. I love you so very much. Even when I'm having a bad day, you can always make me smile. I look at how much you've changed already and it blows my mind to think about what the next six months are going to bring! Thanks for being such an awesome baby!
Love,
Mommy
Brennan back at 5 months!

No comments:
Post a Comment