Friday, August 13, 2010

Friday's Fab Five

I apologize for my hiatus from the Fab Five. I didn't have internet access some of the time we were on vacation and last Friday I just completely forgot about it. Then when I was reminded (thanks, Val) I just didn't feel like doing a post. But never fear, it is back!

I have been pretty motivated since coming home from vacation. Here are five things I am super glad I have been doing.

1. I am not drinking soda anymore! I stopped about a week before vacation, but then gave up while we were gone because I knew soda would be surrounding me everywhere. It has been over a week now since I've had one though. A week might not sound like much, but that is a big deal for me. I am now trying to convince Kyle to join me!

2. I started Jillian Michael's 30-Day Shred workout series. I borrowed the DVD from Amanda and today will be day 8. I thought I was going to die at first, even on Level 1, but now I can make it through that whole level. I think I'm going to spend a few more days there and then try to move to Level 2.

3. I am back at Stroller Strides. I missed a little more than 3-weeks of classes. Two week we were away and the week before we left, I was sick and didn't make class a single day. Brennan had a doctor's appointment on Wednesday this week, so I only made it to two classes, but I am glad to be getting back into that routine.

4. I am still reading my Bible each day. During vacation I would read it in some large chunks because I got a little behind, but now I am all caught up and back to doing it daily. It's actually really fun right now because I am reading Psalms and I am really enjoying it.

I think those are the main areas where I feel highly motivated. I would also like to start reading more. So,

5. Hopefully I can become more motivated to read. I tend to read a lot more when Kyle is out to sea. However, that won't be happening for a long time, so I think I need to make some time to do it now. Do you have any suggestions for books to read? I'd like to start reading more fiction, because I tend to read mainly parenting books and books on marriage and I'm ready for a change.

Have you been highly motivated to get things done this week? If not, I hope you're able to start next week.

Have a fabulous weekend!


6 comments:

KyDi2 said...

Have you read Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers? It is fabulous!

Alicia said...

In the Christian fiction genre Charles Martin is my very favorite author. All of his books are fantastic! Some of the best fiction books I've read in a while are the Hunger Game series by Suzanne Collins. The 3rd book in the trilogy comes out in less than two weeks so it would be a good time to pick them up!

Dani said...

One group of books I'm reading right now The Nantucket Love Stories by Denise Hunter. The first one is called Surrender Bay. The stories are parabals of God's love for us.

The Dishmons said...

Who reads you dork! haha..jk...you should read eat, pray, love so that we can go see the movie...I'll even let you borrow the book so that you don't have to buy it!:)

Sheryl said...

Hey girlfriend! I just read a book with my book club - The Help. I forget the author, but I can check it for you later. It was a FABULOUS book! Not a christian book, but a great story. I would highly recommend it!

Kiss Brennan for me! Sheryl

valerie said...

you're welcome :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...