
I tend to be a very clean and organized person. I like our house to stay neat and tidy. I feel very blessed to be able to stay at home with Brennan. There are many reasons I like being a SAHM, but one is that I do have time to work on things around the house. However, more time often means more slacking off.
Maybe it is because I would normally be going back for my first day of school tomorrow. Maybe I am going through withdraw since I don't have a schedule for school. Whatever the case may be, I decided to come up with a cleaning routine for the week. I guess I'll try it out and see how it goes. I might have to tweak it after I complete this week.
This is what I came up with yesterday and will try to implement starting this week:
Monday: wash clothes, pick up dog poop
Tuesday: wash sheets and towels, clean bathrooms, clean cat litter
Wednesday: dust upstairs
Thursday: wash clothes (if needed), clean cat litter, pick up dog p0op
Friday: dust and vacuum basement
Saturday: mop kitchen floor, clean cat litter
Obviously there will be plenty of flexibility with my new schedule. I just like the idea of having a plan of the day. Hopefully it will help me feel as though I've accomplished something by the end of each day. Maybe having a plan will inspire my dear husband to help complete some of items. (I can dream, can't I??) I didn't include vacuuming the main level of our house on the list because I do that ALL THE TIME! Almost every day. But I have to with two cats and a dog. I also didn't put anything about the kitchen other than mopping because I clean the kitchen each day too.
Right now the sheets and towels are in the washer. I guess that means I should get off here and go clean the bathrooms!
Do you have a cleaning schedule that works for you?

6 comments:
Yes every other week on Tuesday!
dog pop? :)
Well poop! So much for proofreading!
Val, I guess I could say I was trying to use a nicer word than "poop", but really I just messed up.
oh, wasn't sure if it was a new sort of beverage... you know, not sure if you kentuckians refer to soda as "pop" and you said you were going to pick up dog pop. ok, that joke was lame and it took way too long to explain.
We Kentuckians call soda "coke". :)
ohhhhh, well we northeasterners KNOW what "coke" REALLY is... :)
Post a Comment