Friday, April 16, 2010

Friday's Fab Five

1. Brennan got to meet his Papaw Larry last weekend! It was such a sweet sight. Kyle's dad walked into our house and I immediately placed Brennan in his arms. The tears started falling right away and LOTS of them. Tears falling straight onto the tile of the kitchen floor. Larry was so excited to meet his very first grandson. It also made me a little sad that we live so far away from our family and that my dad won't get to meet Brennan until we go back home to Kentucky this summer.

Here's Brennan with Papaw Larry and his girlfriend, Linda.


2. Brennan got dedicated at our church last Sunday. I will post pictures from that soon along with the funny sequence of events that took place. It was pretty awesome though to stand up in front of the congregation and make a pledge that we will raise Brennan in a Christian home. I already read him a Bible story each night before bed, but I look forward to the day when he is older and can really understand what we are reading. The day after Brennan was born, our pastor came to the hospital to visit and prayed that at the right age Brennan would accept Him into his heart. What an amazing day that will be!

3. The Dishmons safely arrived from California! They are all moved into their new house and it has been great getting to spend time with them this week. They have one heck of a cute daughter too who makes the funniest faces! It was awesome having them at Bible study with us on Wednesday and I can't wait for them to be at church on Sunday. So fun!

4. Yesterday I was in major spring cleaning the kitchen mode. It was great! I emptied out our food cabinet and vacuumed it and dusted the shelves. I threw away old food. I cleaned most the drawers out too; the silverware drawer was in desperate need of a cleaning! And then I even cleaned the oven! I wish I had taken a before and after picture because it looks almost like a new oven inside. Pretty much made my day! I still want to clean the top of the kitchen cabinets (including the cookie jars that up there for decoration) and the refrigerator, but we'll see if my desire to spring clean continues today.

5. There is pretty much nothing better than hearing Brennan talk right now. He is so vocal and I absolutely love the time I get to spend with him each day. Check out yesterday's post to see a video of him talking to me!

I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...