This week at church is our annual missions conference. Normally Kyle and I don't attend Sunday night services, but Kyle was asked to run the sound board last night, so we all decided to go. One of the missionaries our church supports, Rev. Tom Ward, was the speaker yesterday. I didn't hear this entire message last night because I was walking around with the baby, but at the end he gave some pointers on improving your prayer life and I thought I'd share.
He did an illustration with 10 volunteers. Each volunteer was given a sign to hold up representing a people group from around the world to show what percentage of the world is Christian, what percentage has a chance to be exposed to a Christian message, and what percentage has absolutely no exposure. He focused on that group; which represents 30% of the world.
The names of those groups making up the 30% form the acrostic THUMB: Tribal, Hindu, Unreligious, Muslim, and Buddhist. He then recommended that during our daily prayer time to hold up our left hand, start with our thumb, and recall the acrostic to help us to remember to pray for this unreached group of people.
He then encouraged us to hold up our right hand at prayer time and to always be praying for five unsaved people that we know and have contact with.
Neither of those things take up much time.
Both help give some focus and direction to your prayer time.
Just something to think about!
Monday, March 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment