Friday, March 5, 2010

Friday's Fab Five

Yet again I feel like this week has flown by. I am in shock that in less than a week Brennan will be 1 month old! INSANE! I hope this post finds you ending a fabulous week and getting ready to start a fabulous weekend!

1. Mom and sister-
My mom and sister were here Thursday-Wednesday. It was so much fun! They spoiled Brennan, which was exactly what they were supposed to do. Them being here gave me time to do laundry and get other things done around the house. I even took one nap while they were here and I haven't been good about taking naps at all! Them visiting also got us out of the house. Brennan has now been out to eat several times and has experienced both of the casinos! (You might like this story about our trip to Foxwoods!) It also gave me a chance to use my Snugli carrier and Brennan loves it! I think I still want an Ergo at some point, but the Snugli works great for now.

2. Bible reading-
I am extremely happy to say that my Bible reading is still going strong. Members of our church are participating in reading the Bible in a year. I am exactly up-to-date and feel pretty proud of myself for sticking to it even after having a baby! Today I finished the book of Numbers and am getting towards the end of the Mark. I really like starting my day with reading the Word.

3. Pandora-
My loving husband got off work early on Monday. He decided to take a trip to Lowe's to get some things for around the house. That's not the only stop he made though. He also bought me 3 new Pandora charms! He was even nice enough to put them on my bracelet for me. I found the box in the garbage, so I knew something was up. He bought me more blue charms and said that the bracelet can be my Brennan bracelet, since it alternates now between silver and blues.

4. Praying-
Speaking of my red-hot, smokin' husband, last week's posts over at Today's Housewife have me thinking of ways I can be praying for him. The ladies over there had some great ideas:
5. American Idol-
I am an American Idol fan. I have been since the end of season one when I started watching episodes with my friend Laura. I wasn't sure I was going to get into it this season, but I am now liking it. Now that we have a DVR, I usually record it and start it late so I can fast forward or watch it the next day. I don't think this is my favorite season, but I do have people I really like.
  • Crystal Bowersox
  • Lily Scott
  • Siobhan Magnus (she is starting to grow on me after this week)
  • Lee Dewyze
  • Casey James
  • Alex Lambert

2 comments:

Alicia said...

Thanks for the Today's Housewife plug! I'm so glad that series blessed you. It definitely blessed us! Brennan is adorable. I love reading about you guys and seeing pictures. Thanks for sharing!

The Dishmons said...

Siobahn...really...I don't think we can watch together when i move there if you are going to cheer her on! :) You are a champ for keeping up with your readings! Josh and I are halfway through Joshua...but we are just reading straight thru cover to cover! Not gonna lie...I wish B was about to turn 2 mths so that I would be in CT already!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...