You are now 40 months old! And it's a good thing you're cute because the past month has not been the easiest. :) You still wear mainly 3T clothes and size 7 shoes. And are also still wearing a "car's night night" (Pull-up) at bedtime. Here's what else you've been up during the last month.
I can definitely say we survived the twos without them being terrible, but the threes aren't looking so lucky. That's not to say you're not still a sweet boy, because you have many many sweet moments and overall I do think you are still a good listener. But boy oh boy you have quite an attitude now. You have also started to yell, which is not cool at all. You like the words "no" and "now" a lot and have been spending much more time sitting on your bed thinking about your choices recently.
Raising a kid is super hard. I know this is all just part of you growing up and becoming more independent. I know you won't always be on your best behavior at all times, but it makes Mommy said when you aren't being the sweet little boy I'm used to seeing. You understand things so well and we have gotten to have some really good conversations about obeying. We talk about Matthew 12:34 often and that if your heart is good then good and kind words will come out of your mouth.
Even in the midst of hard times, you say the sweetest things. One day I came into your room after you woke up from your nap and climbed in bed with you. You rolled over and and gave me a kiss and said, "I love you little pumpkin." I melted! You also say super funny things. We were talking about going back to school in September and that you'll be in a bigger class because you'll be a big boy and you responded with, "And I'll have a big penis!" I'm not sure I should have laughed at that comment, but I couldn't help myself.
Your talking is much easier to understand now. I think being around other kids at school has helped with that. When we do have a hard time figuring out what you're trying to say, you get frustrated and keep saying the word louder and louder. Your "Ls" still sound like "Ws" and you don't usually pronounce the "Ss" at the beginning of words like "spoon" and "star". You have what sounds like a country accent when you say some words; especially the word "yeah" which has 2 syllables to you. You use the words "maybe" and "maybe not" often when my answer to your question is "I don't know". It's pretty cute.
You've been waking up early in the morning and not always obeying our "be quiet in your bed til 7am" rule. Thankfully at 3 years old you still stay in your bed until I come in to get you and you're still taking a good nap almost everyday. When I come into your room in the morning or after nap, the first thing you always say is, "I wanna play the iPad!" You're a little obsessed and this summer I'm going to have to do a better job of limiting your time on there.
I always talk about how smart you are, but each month you never cease to amaze me. You can read pretty much any CVC word now. The other day we were playing with sidewalk chalk outside and I just started writing random CVC words and you could read them all. People are always asking me, "How does he know that?" and my answer is always, "I don't know." If I tell you something once, you just don't seem to forget it and you are constantly asking questions so you can learn more. Your newest thing is asking if we are going to drive on 95 South or 95 North when we are leaving the house. Just little things like that show me how aware you are of what's going on around you.
Sometimes you still act babyish and seem more codependent than your peers. You still like to be carried around, but are getting much too big for that silliness. We've had to get to stricter with making you do things on your own even when you're whining "Mommy do it!" Mommy has to learn to give up some control too and just let you try, even if it takes 4 times as long to get something done. I have seen lots of improvement in your socialization. Again I'm sure school has helped. You will initiate conversations with kids at the playground. You want to play with others and get your feelings hurt if they don't want to play with you. You still prefer calm activities most of the time. Just the other night we were over at Parker's house and Parker was playing swords with Daddy and you were just off to the side blowing bubbles. But then you both played at the water table and that's one of your favorites.
I love to hear you talk about school. At the beginning of the year you said very little about your day, but now you go on and on about it. You have your first little girlfriend named Jaina and talk about her a lot. You always tell me which kids went to timeout and which kids were running or crying. You like to tell me about what you painted that day and can always tell me what your book of the day was about. I know you won't always be so willing to share details about school, so I love it.
You continue to be a great big brother. I have taken a lot of pictures over the last month of you laying on the floor with Bryce. Bryce is close to being mobile though and I think that will change the way you feel about him. :) I cherish the moments I catch you hugging and kissing on him (even if it does sometimes turn into trying to squash him).
You are growing up so fast. After today you only have one day left of your first year of preschool. You make sure I know you're not a baby anymore and say that you're "medium" now. You have started peeing while standing up now (my bathroom may never be the same again!). And I know it's not going to slow down anytime soon! You can be oh so frustrating, but I just love you so very much!
Love,
Mommy
Seriously cute, right?!?!
And a few more...
Tuesday, June 11, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment