Friday, March 22, 2013

One Way, Jesus!

I especially loved our RRSP time this week. The format is the same each time, so I like finding new and interesting ways to present it to Brennan so he doesn't get bored. He seemed to really be into it this week too. Our letter was "V", our number was 8, and the word was "me". The verse was from John 6:47 "Verily, verily I say to you, he that believeth on me hath everlasting life." We didn't spend much time memorizing the verse, but focused more on the phrase "one way, Jesus" that was incorporated into the activities. Brennan LOVED saying that phrase over and over again. And he's loved pointing out all the "one way" road signs when we're driving!

Here's our board set up for the week.

Brennan requested to the do the egg game again this week, so I put the letter Vs in the eggs and put two Vs in one of them.

He's gotten more interested in coloring recently, so he was excited to color the rectangle and triangle to make an arrow for "one way, Jesus!"


To make his 'V' words more interesting this week, we used a spatula to flip them up in the air. This was a huge hit!


He did all his 'V' tracing pages this week. And then scribbled on them after he was done.





This morning he asked to read his easy reader book. I had read it to him on Monday, but we hadn't touched it since then. It's a very simple read, but he read the entire thing by himself; only asking for help on the word "only" on the last page. I told him that word once and since then he's read this book over and over today independently. This kid seriously blows my mind!

He loved the song "One Way, Jesus!" this week too. I put the YouTube video up on the tv so we could watch and dance. He was super excited! I think might buy him one of the Hillsong Kids cds because he's such a music lover.





 


I ended up finding multiple versions of the song on YouTube and we watched several of them together. It makes my heart happy that he loves these songs we are learning. When we were reading his Bible the other night, I read part of the verse from John 3:16 and he immediately said, "That's a song" and remembered the song from the week we learned that verse. 

Here's one of the videos we watched:


Here's a video of Brennan reading the easy reader. Love it!


He finally got a haircut today as you can probably tell!

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...