Saturday, March 16, 2013

eXcept you be converted...

...and become as little children, you shall not enter the kingdom of heaven. -Matthew 18:3

I had started this post on Thursday and completely forgot to finish it and post it yesterday. Better late than never!

We had a good week doing Raising Rock Stars Preschool this week. Our letter of the week was 'X' and the verse was long for Brennan to learn. We did talk a lot about heaven and how Jesus loves children. We sang "Jesus Loves the Little Children" many times during the week.

Here's the board for the week and some of the activities I had ready for him.


Brennan was eXcited to try using scissors again this week! I cut his 'X' words into strips of three and he cut them apart. He still needs a lot of help, but he's learning.

He was very eXcited to do this shape sorting activity. I cut out four shapes and he had to match them to their outline on the paper. 


 He also enjoyed tracing the letter 'X'.


We've done capital and lowercase letter sorting before. As I was cutting the letters out for Brennan, he said he wanted to play with his Easter eggs. I came up with the idea to put a letter 'X' in each egg. Then I had him close his eyes and I put an extra 'X' in one of the eggs so that it had two. Then he opened his eyes and had to search through the eggs for the special two 'X' one! He LOVED this game! It wasn't very educational, but it was fun and it was good fine motor practice for him to open and close the eggs over and over again. We repeated this activity many times this week!





We laid his 'X' words out in the shape of an 'X' and he found all of them. Then he showed me his eXcited face!



Once again, B painted his coloring sheet with the week's verse on it. I think the Easter Bunny is going to need to bring him some more watercolors! 

I love my smart boy!




















1 comment:

valerie said...

a few things:

He has way too much fun with you, no wonder he always wants to be with Momma.

Also, I LOVE the freshly vacuumed carpet. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...