Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Top 11 of '11

Click It Up A Notch


It's so hard to believe another year has come and gone. I can't believe in just a little over a month, my baby boy will be 2! As the year comes to a close, I am linking up with Click, Pray, Love, NapTime Momtog, and Click it Up a Notch to share my top eleven photos of Brennan from the past year.

Just for fun, you can click here to see my Top 10 of '10 from last year!

I have shared pretty much all of these on the blog before. None of them are technically sound (a few I actually captured on my iPhone), but they are still pretty special to me. It's so wild how much Brennan has changed over the past year. Here are my top 11 in chronological order:

1. This first picture was taken last January. It's so hard to believe it's almost been a full year since then. Brennan's snowsuit and boots were way too big for him, but they worked for the few minutes we had him outside this day. I think this will remain one of my favorite pictures for a very long time. Brennan and Ringo already love each other and I know the bond they share will only grow stronger with time.

2. We had so much fun celebrating Brennan's first birthday in February. I love this shot of him after he ate his smash cake. He was so proud!

3. Faux-hawks in the bathtub never get old. This was before Brennan has his first haircut, so there was plenty of hair to play around with.

4. This was taken in May and I remember being excited for this picture because it was finally starting to get warm in Connecticut. It made me realize how much I like capturing pictures of Brennan outside where no flash is needed.

5. Definitely nothing fancy about this one, but I still absolutely love it. I love that you can see his toothy grin. I love the little curl over his left ear.

6. Fast-forward several months and here we are in October. Wow, what a difference from the above picture to this one. Even though the photo is a little dark, I just love how happy he is in it.

7. I was so excited when I captured his image of Brennan. He's sitting against our neighbor's storage shed. I had set out that day to get a good picture of him for our Christmas card and knew this would be it. Once I uploaded it on the computer, it ended up being slightly out of focus, but I still love it none-the-less!

8. This might be my favorite picture ever. This was taken in the morning before we had even left his room that day. He was being super silly and cute, so I ran and grabbed the camera hoping I could get a good picture of him. I asked him to do "squishy face" and captured this picture. Isn't he just the sweetest?!?! And that cowlick, boy oh boy!

9. I warned you a few of my favorites were take on my iPhone. That thing is so handy to just snap a quick picture! You probably wouldn't know it from looking at his face, but little guy was sick this day. He asked to take a bath in the middle of the day and I happily obliged. I just love his eye contact with the camera. My finger unfortunately smudged the top corner of the photo, but after I edited in Instagram, I was in LOVE with this picture!

10. One more iPhone pic. This one isn't as clear as the other, but I still think it's adorable. This was taken on Christmas Eve before heading out to our church service. I love dressing B in button up shirts and sweaters. He looks so happy here and I like the Christmas tree in the background.

11. I had my camera out and ready Christmas morning. B was moving so fast from one thing to another though that it was hard to capture his excitement on camera. Even though he's looking down at a gift in this picture I like how you can still see his pure joy on Christmas morning.

So there you have it. He has changed so much in 2011 and I know the changes will keep happening even more rapidly in 2012. I'm so thankful for photos to be able to document all these stages of his life.

Head on over to Click, Pray Love, NapTime Momtog, or Click it Up a Notch to link up your top 11 of '11!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such great shots. He is so adorable!! Love it.

Amber said...

Wow, he has grown so much! It is crazy how fast, yet how slow it happens.

I do love his sweet grin and cowlick in the at photo. Too cute. Wonderful captures. I hope you all had a Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Year.

Courtney said...

I can see why that one of him squishing his face is a favorite! So precious! I loved looking at your images from last year! You have done such an amazing job of capturing his fun personality. Thanks so much for linking up with us!

Laura said...

I love you and B :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...