Sunday, August 14, 2011

Tot School - 18 months - Alphabet Box Letter B

Tot School


Last week I introduced Brennan to his weekly alphabet box. I am simply using them as a way to expose him to letters and introduce some new words to him. Here is his B box:

  • Leapfrog 'B' magnet
  • Baby Einstein's 'Bb' book
  • 'B' coloring page
  • Baby Bear, Baby Bear, What Do You See?
  • bear puppet
  • bubbles
  • bowl
  • balls
  • blocks
  • brush
  • bunny 
  • bird (puzzle piece)
I don't think any of those words were new to him, but he really enjoyed exploring in his box several times this week. He liked the balls and bubbles, but his favorite was the bear puppet I checked out from the library. We also watched some 'B' themed videos on YouTube. He especially liked the second one.





Here are some pictures of Brennan enjoying his alphabet box this week!






Here are some of the other activities we did this week.

Again borrowing an idea from Amber over at Amber's Articles, we did a puzzle search. I grabbed three of Brennan's favorite puzzles and took a few pieces from each one and placed them in an empty cereal box. The goal was for Brennan to be able to place the piece in the correct (general) location after he drew a piece from the box.

The activity went well. The cereal box wasn't really big enough so we ended up just dumping the pieces on the floor. Brennan had no problem at all putting the pieces in the correct spot. He could put the shape pieces in their exact spot and the others in the general location. If you have a walker, I would put the puzzles across the room so they have to walk to them.





B also really liked putting the pieces into the cereal box.


We also found what looks like a new favorite activity; putting pom-poms into a soda bottle. He LOVED this. I think he got all 80 pom-poms in there. It really required fine motor skills because he had to poke each one down through the neck of the bottle to get it in. Beware though, you'll need tweezers to get them back out again!


Brennan loves balloons and has really enjoyed playing with them in the basement this week.


We did a super short color sorting activity with pieces of colored foam. He did it without any problem except for mixing up red and orange.

And like always we spent a lot of time reading. This kid loves books!

What did you did for Tot School this week? Head over to Carisa's blog to see tons of amazing ideas!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...