Thanks for stopping by to check out our week. Last week I hardly had anything to share, but this week I have tons of pictures!
I continued using the alphabet box. This week's letter was 'D'. Brennan really liked the box this week!
- Leapfrog 'D' magnet
- Baby Einstein 'Dd' book
- 'D' coloring page
- dogs
- drum
- dice
- duck
- dinosaur puzzle
- Duck Stories
- A Dozen Dizzy Dogs
- Danny and the Dinosaur
- How do Dinosaurs Clean Their Rooms?
The dinosaur puzzle pieces are fun to stack!
The drum is always fun to play with!
We watched a few 'D' videos this week. I also remembered Starfall. I can't believe I had forgotten about it. Brennan liked watching the alphabet videos on there!
Since this is our fourth alphabet box, I decided it was time to do a review. I didn't expect Brennan to be able to recognize all four letters, but check out this video. I swear this was the first time we tried! I was amazed. I've done it several times since and sometimes he will mix up C and D, but I think he really is starting to recognize them. In the video I think it sounds like he is trying to say some of the sounds. Such a smart boy!
This week I made my first batch of homemade play dough! I LOVE it! I followed the recipe I found on here on Pinterest. I cut the large batch recipe in half and just made the whole batch blue. It's nice that it is technically edible, but go figure, Brennan hasn't once tried to put it in his mouth. Better safe than sorry though. He wasn't too sure what to think of it the first day, but seems to like it now. I included pictures of him playing with it throughout the week.
Just like the play dough, Brennan wasn't too fond of "painting" with shaving cream in the bathtub when we did it for the first time a few weeks ago, but now he loves that too and wants to do it almost every night.
I had seen Carisa do a stacking activity with Do-a-Dot marker lids before and had been wanting to try it. B was great at it.
We also got some hand-me-down cards; a Sesame Street set and a Go Fish set with numbers. I just let B explore them this week.
Of course we got in plenty of reading this week! After he drinks his milk in the morning, the first thing he wants to do is read books!
We have this really cool little outdoor shopping area one exit up from our house and there's a little pond with tons of ducks! Makes for a quick little field trip when we need to get out of the house.
Not really part of Tot School, but B learned a new trick this week!
We always have fun when Daddy gets to play with us too!
So, we had a pretty good week around here, but I'll leave you with a few outtakes.
Hey, we can't be happy all the time!
Make sure you head over to Carisa's blog to see tons of great Tot School ideas!


1 comment:
Yay Brennan! You're doing a great job teaching him his letters! It looks like he's having a lot of fun too-- I'll have to try the marker cap stacking with my daughter soon.
Post a Comment