How in the world are you 18 months old? That is a year and a half! It seems like just yesterday we were celebrating your first birthday and now in just a mere six months we'll be celebrating your second. My how times flies!
You are currently wearing 18 month clothes. You have started wearing size 4 diapers during the day and still wear size 4 overnights at night. It's a little bittersweet to walk into stores now and see how many clothes are too small for you. I can't believe you used to be small enough to fit into newborn clothes! They seem so tiny!
You still aren't walking independently. You certainly seem to be taking after your Momma because I didn't walk until I was 19 months old. You were dismissed from physical therapy because Ms. Jen said you're fine and will walk when you're ready. You just need to work on your balance some. You love walking back and forth between Momma and Dada and have taken at least 15 steps on your own when you walk between the two of us. You are a super fast cruiser and can finally pull yourself to standing. You actually seem really close to being able to go from sitting to standing without using anything to help you, so you're definitely making progress. Dada just lowered your crib to the lowest setting tonight. I wonder if any other baby has ever made it to 18 months without his crib being lowered all the way. You might've set a new record!
You are very vocal. You make loud noises all the time. You have been trying to say a few news words, but aren't consistent with any new ones except for "boom". I have started a weekly alphabet box with you and I think that is helping expand your vocabulary. It still astonishes me how many words you understand. You are also doing really well at sorting things by color now.
You still love "The Wiggles". You like to watch their concert "The Wiggly Big Show" on YouTube. I also checked out a "Wiggles" cd from the library, so that is all we listen to in the car now. You are so cute because after each song ends, you immediately sign "more". In fact, you usually just leave your two index fingers pointed together the whole time you're in your car seat in a constant "more" sign. We just started watching Laurie Berkner videos on YouTube and you love those too! You watch way too much YouTube because it's almost always on during breakfast and lunch, but it keeps you happy. And you are learning to follow the motions of the different songs, so I claim that it is an educational opportunity!
You have twelve teeth now. You're usually a really good eater. You now like chicken nuggets and can even dip them into ketchup all by yourself! You are starting to show interest in using utensils to eat. I know many babies who want to use them much earlier than this. You still can't quite scoop food up, but will help me bring the fork or spoon to your mouth.
We had a wonderful trip to Georgia right after you turned 17 months. You were a champ on the plane! During that trip we flipped your car seat around, so you are forward facing now. You'll fly again in exactly one month. We are going to see your GeGe, GaGa, LaLa, and C-Dub in Florida! I know they are all so excited to see you again! Hopefully you'll do great on the plane again!
I love you so much! I love our days spent at the library, aquarium, and park. I love our days just spent at home too! Maybe by this time next month you'll be a walker and if that's the case, I know our days are about to change. Hopefully I am ready!
Love,
Mommy
Brennan back at 17 months
Brennan today at 18 months - becoming increasingly less cooperative - once he's actually walking, I'm not sure these photos will continue.
Thursday, August 11, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment