Ok, so here it's been super long since I've blogged again. We had to clear up some space on our computer so I could upload some new pictures and now that we have done that, hopefully I can get back into blogging. (If I had a nickel for every time I've said that!)
To kick my blogging back off, I wanted to start with an update on each boy. So here is a little update on Brennan.
I can't believe that he will be five in February. I know that's still several months away, but five seems so big to me! He is loving his new school. I knew he would. He loves school just like his Momma always did. I dropped him off on the first day and he didn't cry at all. He stood in line with his teacher and has made lots of friends this year. I think it's funny because his best friends in his class last year were boy/girl twins. And this year he has good friends again that are boy/girl twins!
His teacher pulled me aside after the very first day of school and said, "He reads. Like really reads." She's been teaching many years and I'm not sure she's had a reader in her preschool class before. She is loving it and has been collaborating with the kindergarten teachers on what to work on next with him.
Not only can he read, but he also loves math. He's a little nerd all around! He loves for me to quiz him on math problems. We've been using sidewalk chalk a lot the last few days and I'll write out math problems for him to solve. Isn't that what all four-year-olds want to do when they play outside? He can count by 10s forward and backwards and can also count by 2s.
He asks a bazillion questions every single day. And I try to answer all of them. He never slept during the 13+ hour trip from CT to TN and from KY back to CT. Him not sleeping meant he was talking the entire time! He is so observant and is my little backseat driver telling me when lanes end and what the speed limit is.
He has quite the imagination lately. He is always making up games to play. He still loves his iPad, but also loves all kinds of board games and knows the rules to each one of them. He has gotten better about losing too, which is a big improvement.
He still loves AWANA and everything about church. He just started Cherub Choir again and I can't wait for him to sing on Sunday mornings.
The biggest change I've seen is that he has decided to give up his nap. It was a glorious 4.5 years, but it has come to an end. I need to get better about creating some quiet time activities for him. Right now he is playing iPad so Mommy can have some quiet time and write this blog. :)
Since nap time is no more, he's been going to bed a little earlier. Most nights he is in bed by 7:30 and some days now he will actually sleep past 7am, which used to never happen. He's got quite the little attitude problem which hasn't been fun. I'm trying to give him some grace because I know his body is adjusting to no nap, but sheesh he can be frustrating. Thankfully he seems to be a little angel at school.
He's getting so big, but also still likes to be carried sometimes. There are more things he needs to learn how to do independently (putting on his shoes, getting dressed and undressed), but most days I pick my battles.
Here are his answers to some questions I like to ask him a few times each year:
1. What's your favorite color? Pink
2. What's your favorite song? Deep and Wide
3. What's your favorite book? Nap Yes Nap No
4. What's your favorite tv show? Daniel Tigers' Neighborhood
5. What's your favorite movie? Rio
6. What do you like to drink? Chocolate milk
7. What do you like to eat for lunch? Lunchables
8. What's your favorite snack? Skittles
9. Who's your best friend? Liam
10. Who's your girlfriend? Mommy
11. What's your favorite thing to do with Mommy? Play games
12. What's your favorite thing to do with Daddy? Wrestle
13. What's your favorite game? Connect 4
14. What's your favorite restaurant? Panera
15. What's your favorite iPad game? Minion Rush
16. What's your favorite place to go on vacation? Florida
17. What's your favorite thing to do outside? Swing
18. What do you want to be when you grow up? Doctor
So there's a little update about B-Nugget!
Tuesday, September 23, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment