Friday, September 26, 2014

Sidewalk Chalk

I mentioned earlier that Brennan and I have been enjoying playing with sidewalk chalk the past few days. I wanted to share some of games we've been playing using it in case you'd like to use some of these ideas.

Hopscotch is a big favorite! It's good practice for Brennan standing on one foot.

He loves math, so I've been writing "plus 1" problems for him and he writes the answer. Not only are we working on his math skills, but he is getting much better at writing his numbers.

We've done some "What's missing" with the alphabet and counting by 10s. I wrote the ABCs and skip counted by 10s, but left some letters/numbers out and Brennan filled them al in.

More math problems! This time he wanted harder ones!

And this "Yes/No" game is one of his favorites. I ask him a series of yes/no questions and he moves to the correct answer. So simple, but he loves it!



We also dipped our sidewalk chalk into water. This is my ghetto chalk paint method! It makes the colors brighter and the chalk makes cool little bubbles when you put it underwater.


I'm loving our gorgeous fall weather that's allowing us all the outside play time!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...