Thursday, May 30, 2013

Not So Marvelous May

Eeek! It's been awhile since I've blogged. May has been a tough Mommy month. I'm pretty much running on empty since the boys have decided that sleep is overrated. I beg to differ. When Bryce got a cold at the beginning of the month, I assumed it was affecting his sleep. But he's all better and his sleep is only getting worse. Like up every three hours on the dot worse. And Brennan has decided that our  "be quiet in your bed until 7am" rule no longer applies to him.

I'm usually good about finding the positive in situations: Bryce might be up more often, but he just eats and goes back to sleep easily (most of the time). Brennan might be waking up screaming his ABCs before 6:30am, but he doesn't get out of his bed and he's screaming something educational. :) And I know there are so many people who would give anything to have two healthy, happy, handsome boys like I do, but sheesh, this Mommy needs a little more sleep.

I have caught myself almost dozing off while driving to Brennan's school. And just the other day Brennan was having a hard time going #2 on the potty and was sitting there for A LONG TIME. He wanted me to sit in there with him most of the time and I kept falling asleep while sitting on the edge of the tub. And I haven't even mentioned Brennan's new attitude problems. We're full force into the "terrible 3s", which probably aren't all that terrible, but for my once almost always sweet little boy it makes Mommy sad.

I feel too tired to do fun "Tot School" things with Brennan. All I want to do at nap time is nap myself and once I get the boys in bed and I just want to crash on the couch and not move.

But then there are little moments when Brennan says the sweetest things to me: "You're my best friend", "You're beautiful, Mommy", "You're the best, Mommy" and all seems right again. And just today I read this article and it was exactly what I needed to hear.

Ok, enough griping. Now to share some sweet pictures of my boys.

This is my favorite picture I've captured of the two of them in awhile. I was trying to get some pictures of Bryce with the good camera because I don't feel like I do that enough and Brennan said, "Me too!" and jumped down on the floor. Kyle asked me how I got them to look at each other and I told him, "That's just what they do."

Bryce watches Brennan like a hawk when they're in the same room together.

It was a long, cold winter, but today it is GORGEOUS and over 80 degrees. I surprised Brennan when we came home from school by having his water table set up. We changed his clothes and he had a great time playing.



The littlest guy had fun being outside too.


After playing in the water, Brennan and I ate lunch while Bryce napped. Then he wanted to play with his 50 states magnets. He's seriously so smart and is quickly learning the names of states.

So very thankful for the sweet moments that make the exhaustion well worth it.

Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

valerie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
valerie said...

This too shall pass.

In the meantime... we can always have a good Sunday morning praise team cry sesh. :)

Love you, friend! Praying you keep finding the blessings in this season.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...