Saturday, May 11, 2013

Dear Brennan,

You're a whopping 39 months now! This is a funny age because in some ways you seem wise beyond your years, but sometimes you still act very babyish. Nothing new in the clothing or shoe size department. You still wear mostly 3T clothes and size 7 shoes. Here's a little more about what you've been up to the last month.

Your Papaw came to visit. You love him so much. It's a shame we don't get to see our family more often, but I'm so glad you know exactly who they are and love them anyways. You had lots of fun playing ball in the basement with him. You also liked to wrestle. You still love to wrestle with anyone!

You went to the dentist again. You seem to like going, which is good. I think you've been three times now. It's so nice that you're already used to it at this age. You sat in the chair by yourself like a big boy this time. You did great and even practiced getting your teeth x-rayed so they can do that next time. Little things excite you so much so getting stickers, toothpaste, a new toothbrush, and a new flosser just made your day! The dentist always remarks that your teeth are close together, so I'm sure braces are in your future. Bummer!

You are such a good big brother. You love to go into Bryce's room when he wakes up in the morning and say, "Good morning, Brycey!" Then you look at his clock and tell me what time he woke up. You listen to him when he babbles like you know what he's saying. Sometimes you talk back to him and say, "I love you too, Brycey." You call him "Brycey" most of the time. You often ask if Bryce can take a bath with you, but I have a feeling once that is able to happen you won't be wanting it anymore.

You have such a good heart. You tell me often that I am your best friend. Your best friend used to be Auntie Val, but now you say it's me! :) It melts my heart. Unsolicited "I love you"s are the best! You crack me up when we play games together because you're constantly saying, "Good going, Mommy!" Your teachers must say "good going" at school because I don't think I say it, but it's just the sweetest.

You are still super sensitive and can cry at the smallest (and often silliest) things. A tiny little bump can send you into hysterics as can someone just looking you. Then there are the funny moments like we had today where you are laughing and jumping in a puddle, then all of a sudden you start crying because you're wet. :) You have also started to get mad more often. You'll let out a scream and I'll take you straight to your bed. We will keep working on using big boy words instead of screaming and crying.

You are singing a lot more now and I love it. Well most of the time. Sometimes it's annoying. :) You sing the ABCs about 100 times a day and VERY loudly. You also sing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star a lot. You will sing some of the songs you sing in class at church too. However, you won't ever sing me any of the songs you sing at school.

I know I say every month how smart you are, but it's worth saying again. You're definitely gifted. And so very observant. When we're driving down the highway and pass different exits, you tell me what we use that exit for: "Exit 88 is for the library and playground, Exit 87 is for church, Exit 86 is for school". It's so funny. You can read all your color words and so so so much more. And I'm beginning to think you're really learning to read, not just memorizing words. You see words completely out of context and read them. You are such a quick learner. You have a new game on the iPad that you like. It asks you to make a number and you have to create it using base ten blocks and you can do it easily. I'm so glad you're smart, but I definitely don't want you to be bored in school. Right now I'm just thankful you love learning.

Now that the weather is getting nicer, we've been able to play outside more. I think we'll do that a lot this spring and summer. You don't like bumblebees (or most bugs for that matter), so I'm working on helping you overcome that fear so that we are able to get outside. If you see a bumblebee flying around while we're inside you'll say, "We can't play outside the bumblebee is back." I like watching you around other kids now too. You walk up to kids you don't know and try to initiate playing with them. You often ask, "What your name is?" It's pretty darn cute. You're still slower than most kids your age at running and climbing, but you've made drastic improvements in your gross motor skills.

Even at your whiniest, you are such a lovable little boy. I was just telling you the other day how much I love you and that I hope you're always a good boy, love people, and love Jesus. And I told you to always give Mommy hugs and kisses no matter how old you are. I love you so very much!

Love,
Mommy

I know I already shared this picture of him, but it's my favorite right now!

1 comment:

valerie said...

I didn't know I wasn't his best friend anymore and I'm a little sad about it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...