We bought this toy on Sunday at Savers. Savers is basically like a large Goodwill. On this trip up there I was able to get B two pairs of jeans, khaki pants, navy blue pants, two pairs of shorts, swimming trunks, a sweater, and this toy for $23! This toy was seriously the best purchase ever! Brennan loves shape sorting toys and this one is so well designed. It has four different colored sections on the ball and each section has three shape cutouts. The shapes are color coordinated with their correct section, so it makes it much easier to find that having to search the entire ball. B understood how it worked right away and plays with it multiple times each day right now. It's a great review of his shapes and colors!
| I love that he did a real smile for the camera this time! |
I printed the alphabet Do-a-Dot pages from Confessions of a Homeschooler a while back. I wasn't sure if B was ready for them then, but decided to try this week. The capital A we did together while both holding his Do-a-Dot. I let him do some of the lowercase a and then helped him fill in the rest. He did both letter Vs on his own. I thought it was pretty impressive for his first attempt! I will definitely be printing some more of these for practice!
Brennan also loves my iPhone. He knows how to operate it pretty much as well as I do. He can turn it on and get to the app he wants to use. The "ABC Song" app is currently his favorite. I had the free version, but recently upgraded to the full version. His favorite part is the connect the dots game. It goes through each capital letter and gives you numbered dots to touch in order to draw that letter. It's really neat and he is so good at it! Please ignore the stain on the couch. Sweet tea incident!
So even though there hasn't been official Tot School (I mean how official was it anyways?!?!) we are still doing plenty of learning through playing each day!

No comments:
Post a Comment