Check out my latest nap time craft! I spotted a Halloween tulle on Pinterest several months ago and have been wanting to make one since. I finally got around to getting my supplies and worked on it a little last night and finished it up today during B's nap.
I didn't take any pictures of my progress along the way, but I did follow this tutorial. I bought an 18-inch straw wreath, two rolls of black ribbon, three rolls of black tulle, and a small roll of orange ribbon. I also used a few greening pins I had left over from a previous wreath.
I left the plastic wrapping on the wreath and then wrapped the whole thing in black ribbon. I then cut the tulle into strips that were approximately 18-inches long. I didn't measure them. I did find that it worked better to have a piece to use as a template and only cut one more at a time. When I started cutting a bunch in a row, even though I was using the template, many ended up too short. I was still able to incorporate the too short ones into the wreath. I just spread them out to add a little more fluff. I tied the tulle strips around the wreath.
I'm not sure if the orange ribbon is exactly what I want, but I really do like the wreath. It did look a little "goth" as Kyle said while I was making it, but I'm really happy with the finished product! I think I need to fluff it a little more based on the picture, but what do you think???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment