Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Dear Brennan,

Oh me oh my, you're 20 months old! I didn't think it was possible to keep loving each stage better than the one before, but it has happened again. I am absolutely loving this stage! You are wearing 18-24 months and 2T clothes. 2T pants are a little too long on you, but it works ok. You are still wearing size 4 diapers.

I am so excited that you are now a walker! Even before you started walking on October 2nd, you had some big increases in your mobility. You learned how to stand still unassisted. You learned how to cruise from room to room. With those changes, we were hoping walking was close behind and we are so happy it was! You are much happier being able to get to what you want. I am much less exhausted because you don't need my help to get to what you want. You haven't quite figured out how to get up when you fall down and I think it's going to take a while for you to learn that, but I know you'll figure it out! Thankfully you're very steady and don't fall very often.

You are extremely loud. You "talk" all the time. Not everything is understandable. You have lots of grunts and happy screeches. When you do say words, you tend to shout them. You still love airplanes and flags, but you have some new obsessions too. You now love traffic lights and stop signs. You have learned that green lights mean go and will say, "Go" when you see them. You are also completely obsessed with letters and numbers. I am in complete awe at how smart you are. You don't say any letter names, but know almost every letter sound. It blows my mind. I guess it's from using your Leapfrog Phonics magnets so much. It also amazes me how you recognize familiar places. When we get off the highway to go to the aquarium, before you can even see the aquarium, you start signing "fish". You recognize Target and start saying, "Ball, ball" because it has red balls in front of the store. You know where your friend Parker lives and start saying his name when we get close.

Most of the time you have such a good temperament. You smile and laugh the majority of the day. I am so thankful the "Terrible 2s" haven't shown up yet. You do get frustrated sometimes. You're great at puzzles, but if one is too challenging for you will get angry and throw pieces sometimes. Learning to walk has helped with your frustration because now you don't get angry if I put you down. You'll just walk and get where you want to go. If you're mad while we are holding you, then you have started pinching us; especially our faces. Now that we know this though, we can usually catch it before it happens. We are usually able to avoid tantrums because I give you plenty of warning before changing activities. Since you love numbers so much, I will usually give you a certain number that we will count to before we make a transition. For example, we will press ten more buttons on your laptop before closing it and taking a bath. Just having me count out loud makes you happy, so almost always you'll stop playing right away. Almost always. You do know how to throw a pretty good fit every now and then.

You now have sixteen teeth. In the past month, you got all four of your canine teeth. Actually, you got three of them three days ago.

You still sleep well. Our bedtime routine is pretty much the same. Just now you can walk everywhere I need you to. It's so sweet to watch you toddle back to brush your teeth. Sometimes you play a little more either in the living room or you room before bed. It's just so much fun to play with you right now, so sometimes I don't want you to go to bed. You go to bed between 7-7:30 and wake between 7:30-8 usually. Sometimes you'll wake earlier, but I rarely come and get you before 7:30 because you're always just in your crib talking in the morning. This past week, you've been napping really well again, so that's been great. Momma loves it when you take three hour naps!

I'm sure I'm leaving things out. You are just such a sweet baby. I love to hear you laugh. I love that you love music. I love that you love to read books and learn your letters and numbers. Basically I just love everything about you! A few weeks ago we were at the library and you were being all loud and happy and this lady laughed at you and said, "I think he has too much personality for his little body!" It made me laugh. I love you and all your personality!

Love,
Momma

Brennan back at 19 months

Brennan today at 20 months

He wasn't very cooperative for his picture. I think we waited too late to do it and he was getting tired.

We might have to start taking them standing up.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...