Once again I am behind on my blogging, so I thought I'd do a video post for you!
Brennan may not have walked until he was almost 20 months, but boy oh boy he is impressive at other things. He has such a keen interest in letters and numbers. I have been trying to get some of his letter sound skills on video, even though it's much more impressive to see them in person. I honestly don't know how he's picked up on this stuff. It's not like I drill him all the time. He just remembers it after I tell him once. Such a smarty pants! It does come in handy though because he stays entertained at the grocery store by looking for the aisle numbers.
How do you keep a toddler busy while you're fixing dinner?
We recently pulled his Aquadoodle out, but instead of coloring on it, he just wanted to point to the letters. This video really didn't capture him doing too many letters though.
This is currently his favorite puzzle. The letters are pretty small and he is just getting really good at putting them in by himself. In fact, this was the best I have ever seen him do. He knows where almost every letter goes; most by himself and the the rest once I tell him what picture to look for. If you listen closely, you should be able to hear him say some of the letter sounds.
In non-letter related news, Brennan has also learned to crawl! He never crawled, but since he started walking, he's picked up crawling too. He doesn't use crawling to get around, but it does help him get to something he can pull up on, so he can start walking. I think it will also help him learn how to climb. Non-crawlers often don't know how to climb and this is certainly true for B.
So there's a little update about our little guy. We just went to the doctor this morning for his gross motor update. At his 18-month check-up, she asked that we bring him back around 21 months so she could evaluate him again. I was happy to take him in there today and show her how he was walking and crawling. She was happy too. When he goes back for his two year check-up (how in the world is he almost two by the way?!?!?!) she wants him to be able to get himself to standing on his own without pulling up on something and to be able to climb. He's actually close to being able to do the standing thing, but the climbing is going to take a lot of work.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment