I am definitely on a wreath-making kick right now. My goal is to have a different homemade wreath for every month. So far I have made them for August-December, so that's a pretty good start. I wanted to share my newly created December wreath.
I found my inspiration here on Pinterest. When I clicked on the Pinterest link, I was hoping to find a tutorial, but instead it took me to an Etsy page. I love Etsy, but I was not ready to pay over $40 for something I could make myself. I then googled "burlap wreath tutorial" and found this one. I basically followed those directions, but just didn't do so many "bubbles".
Here were my supplies (minus the cat):
I bought 2 yards of burlap, a styrofoam wreath foam, 100 greening pins, red ribbon, and a red flower. I first cut long strips of burlap and wrapped the entire wreath with that. That's optional, but I feel like it hid the green styrofoam better by doing that. I then cut out squares of burlap. I didn't measure them, but they were probably around 5 inches by 5 inches. I made the "bubbles" like the tutorial said; I folded the squares into triangles and then brought the left and right points to meet the center point. I simply pinned those "bubbles" all around the wreath.
Here's the finished product. I LOVE it! You could do any color ribbon and make it a fall wreath instead of just Christmas.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
That looks great! I've never tried making a wreath before but I just might give some of the ones you've created a try. =)
Really cute, Rachel!!
Post a Comment