Friday, December 24, 2010

Friday's Fab Five

The Fab Five is back! And to make it even better, today's Fab Five is a SUPER-SIZED edition! I think I owe you that much since I've missed the past two weeks!

1. On Monday night, we had the Cizeks over for dinner. It's always fun watching Brennan and Parker play together because Parker loves to push Brennan on riding toys. They are so cute!

2. Brennan now has four teeth! His top front two teeth are coming in. Thankfully again teething didn't seem to bother him much. There was one night when he fussed a little at two different points in the night. I never went into his room and he fell back to sleep quickly both times. That next morning, his front right tooth had come through. The left one was right behind. I guess he got his two front teeth for Christmas.

3. Brennan is standing more! I know all babies develop at their own pace and we aren't too concerned that Brennan isn't crawling yet. However, it has always seemed strange that he has never wanted to stand; not even on your lap or anything. We decided to give him one of his Christmas presents early in hopes that it would encourage him to stand and play and it seems to be working. We make him practice standing each day and just yesterday he started standing straight when you just hold onto his hands.

4. Kyle is on stand-down! He's gotten to spend this week at home with us and gets to spend next week here too! It's been fun having him here and playing together as a family during the day. I've even been out of the house twice without the baby! Woohoo!

5. Amanda and Josh welcomed their 2nd baby girl! It was a stupid day to have a baby (haha) but still joyful! :)

6. Brennan has gotten several presents already. He got his giraffe bench from Mama H. He got a recordable story book from Papaw Larry. Just last night he got a super cute outfit from his Mama Sherri and Papa Dukes!

7. Last night we went to Mama Sherri and Papa Duke's house for a Christmas celebration. It's always fun to visit with them and I feel very blessed to have family so close! Brennan was such a trooper! The party didn't start until 6pm, so he partied for a little bit, then went to bed. We had to wake him at 10pm to drive home. He slept the entire one hour drive home. We had to wake him to get him into the house. He ate a little more and then I laid him right back down and he slept until 7! He's such a good boy!

8. Tonight is the Christmas Eve service at church. I am excited! It'll be another late night for Brennan, but hopefully he will be great.

9. Tomorrow is CHRISTmas! Christmas has always been exciting, but now that we have a baby, I am looking forward to starting traditions of our own. Although I am already wondering how to balance Santa vs. the true meaning of Christmas with kiddos. At least we don't have to really worry about that yet since Brennan is so little.

10. Isaiah 9:6 - For a child is born to us, a son is given to us. The government will rest on his shoulders. And he will be called: Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Merry Christmas! I hope it is truly fabulous!

1 comment:

valerie said...

love this! i'm super excited about church tonight, too. if you need anyone to watch B Money while you're with the praise team, i'd be happy to help out :) #10 gave me goosebumps... LOVE this time of year!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...