Friday, October 29, 2010

Friday's Fab Five

I feel like this week has flown by! I guess that means we had fun this week. Hope you did too!

1. Even though it seems we just got back from a little trip to Atlantic City, we are about to leave for another little trip to DC. This will actually be Brennan's 2nd time to the city, but this time should be much more relaxing than last time. It's always nice to get away, but this will especially nice because we will get to see our friends Josh and Amanda and Eric and Christie and their handsome new boy, Matthew!

2. I bought Brennan a new coat this week. I figured he needed a warm winter coat to get him through his first full Connecticut winter. The best part?!?! I got it for 50% with a coupon thanks to Money Saving Mom!
3. Speaking of big savings...Amanda was kind enough to call me the other day and let me know that Southwest Airlines was having a huge sale (sorry it ended yesterday). Kyle and I have been looking at airline tickets to fly home to Kentucky for Christmas and even though they were cheaper than we originally expected, it was still going to cost us a pretty penny. Well, we aren't going to go home for Christmas, but we are going just before the holidays, so we will just have to celebrate early. And it is so worth it because it was only $60/person each way! Not bad at all. Of course that is the price before tax and that is where they get you, but we are now both going home close to Christmas for less than it was going to cost one of us to fly! Can't beat that!

4. I won a giveaway! I never win anything and I actually won! Amber over at Amber's Articles was giving away a Seeds Family Worship CD. I have been wanting one for a long time now and haven't gotten around to buying it. The CDs are scriptures set to music, so they are easier for kids (and mommies) to learn! I am so excited. It's kinda funny because my sister won a giveaway from that same blog a few months back. I guess we are lucky!

5. Brennan is excited about winning the CD too. Check out his new trick! He can clap!


He can actually clap even better than that now, but at least I did catch it on video. It's very cute because he will usually clap when you ask him to, but he also claps when anyone says "Yeah!" or "Good job!".

This next video makes me laugh. When we first got our dog, Ringo, we started trying to teach him tricks. He was actually a really fast learner. He quickly learned sit, paw, and lay down. He was always happy to perform them because it meant he got a treat. However, he got so used to doing all three in succession that as soon as you would ask him to "sit" he would immediately sit, give you his paw, and then lay down with the one command. Maybe we tried to teach him too many tricks at once. Does the same hold true with children? Brennan has learned how to put his arms up when we say, "How big is Brennan?" and he just learned to clap this week. But check out this video. I have him so mixed up!

2 comments:

Laura said...

i knew you were going to brag about winning that cd ;) hope you have fun on your trip!!

AbbyS. said...

HE IS THE CUTEST!!
Love those videos!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...