Monday, October 25, 2010

The Versatile Blogger

Like many people, I originally started my blog for my friends and family back home. Kyle and I got married on July 8, 2006 and the very next day drove 14.5 hours to Groton, CT so he could start SOBC with the Navy. Being that far away from home meant (and still means) we can't see our family nearly as much as we would like to, so I started the blog as a way to keep them up-do-date.

Fast forward to now and I guess you could say I am addicted. I try to keep my blog pretty up-to-date and have been doing a much better job of it since Brennan was born. But I am certainly addicted to reading blogs. Some are really sad, yet inspirational. Some are uplifting. Some are about fun crafts and activities to do with your kids. Some are just about families. Kyle doesn't understand why I like reading about these people I don't even know (in real life, because I do kinda of feel like I do know them). I can't really explain it either, I just like it.

Anyways...one of my best friends just recently started a blog. Laura, over at Storybook Reality, blogs about life, religion, cooking, and her new handsome son. She was kind enough to award me with a little blogger award.


To accept this award one must:
* link back to the person who gave you the award
*share 7 things about yourself
*pass it along to other blogs you enjoy (it said 15 but i say do what you want!)
*make sure you tell your awardees about the award so they can repost!

Let's see seven {extremely random} things about me....
1. I don't really like hot drinks. People are always talking about their favorite hot drinks during this time of the year and I just really don't think drinks should be hot. I know I'm strange!

2. I have a fear of stairs. I do not like to walk up or down stairs without holding onto the railing. I have really poor balance and I'm extremely afraid I am going to fall down. I HATE bleachers for the same reason.

3. My husband is working late tonight, so right now the baby is taking a little cat nap before bed and I have a frozen pizza in the oven.

4. A new house is being built right next door to us and it seems to be going quickly, but I am ready for it to be done. It is loud (although Brennan seems to be able to sleep through the noise fine) and the work they are doing makes our house shake. I hope we get some really nice neighbors though!

5. I took a long nap today while Brennan napped (shh don't tell anyone).

6. I kind of want to get my hair cut, but it is getting colder, so I'm not sure if this is the time to do it.

7. One of my friends had this "This brand new week is a blessing from God- what are you going to do to glorify Him with it?" posted as her status on Facebook today and I like it.

So now I need to pass the away along to some other bloggy friends. I do read some pretty "famous" blogs, but I wanted to give the award to some of my friends in real life who have great blogs. Hope you enjoy!

3 comments:

Hoover Family said...

Thank you! I just linked back to you on my blog.

Emily Lynn said...

aw thank you for the award! I will be linking up very soon. I have to admit I am kinda an addict to your blog haha so when I was saw a new post I was like "yes!" and then I saw my name and I had to read it three times to make sure it was me! So thank you. And p.s. I am with you on not liking hot drinks, everyone thinks I am crazy too!

Sheryl said...

Thank you, sweet friend! I feel so honored! I have linked back to you on my blog and passed it on! Not only did you help me get started but now you have given me my very first award! You're the best!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...