Friday, October 15, 2010

Friday's Fab Five

No lack of fabulousness around here this week!

1. Brennan got his first tooth! It is the front, bottom left tooth. And he really didn't seem to be extra cranky. He never woke in the middle of the night or anything. Check out my handsome boy!
2. We had friends over for dinner on Wednesday night, which is always fun! The Dishmons and McClures came over and Amanda cooked us White Bean Chicken Chili. It was delish! The Dishmons have Adah and baby girl #2 on the way. The McClures have four daughters, so Brennan was the only little boy. He was loving all the attention though! Both families are moving within the next week and we will miss them a lot!
3. Brennan got his flu shot yesterday. I really don't think shots are fabulous, but hopefully it prevents him from getting sick this winter. I feel very blessed to have the medical benefits associated with the military. I hear people complain about them all the time and I do know there are some hoops you have to jump through for certain things, but I think we have it pretty good. I have had to take Brennan to the doctor three times in the past five weeks. Once for an ear infection and twice for follow-ups and never once paid a dime. He has gotten a flu shot and two prescriptions and again we paid nothing. It is a huge blessing!

4. I read this earlier in the week from Shepherding a Child's Heart and it has stuck with me. Brennan is too young to start applying principals like this, but I think it applies to adults as well. I think it helps remind us we need to examine the "why" behind the way we act and the things we say.
"A person's life is reflection of his heart. Proverbs 4:23 states it like this: 'Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life.' The word picture here is graphic. This theme is restated elsewhere in the Bible. The behavior a person exhibits is an expression of the overflow of the heart. You could picture it like this. The heart determines behavior. What you say and do expresses the orientation of your heart . . . Luke 6:45 corroborates this point: 'The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For out of the overflow of his heart his mouth speaks.'"
5. Check out what I made! I am loving this wreath. The directions are here. I followed them pretty much exactly except that I used three sheets of each color felt (except for brown---only used one sheet of brown). It cost me a little more to make it because I had to buy a hot glue gun. Now I just need to hang it on the door!

4 comments:

Sheryl said...

Awesome job, Rachel! I'm going to have to try those flowers! Oh...and I guess I should comment on that absolutely adorable boy you posted about...!!! Two more days until another snuggle!!!! Have a great weekend!

Lauren said...

What is Brennan playing with in the picture with all the kiddos together? It looks like a ball of wadded up paper??

The Dishmons said...

Lauren-hahaha! I wouldn't be surprised if it was a wad of paper since his mom and dad never buy him any toys...but its Rachels coin pouch!

Amber said...

I am sure you are counting your blessings. Bennett's bottom two teeth popped through at the same time and he had a horrible time. Lots of tears, lots of fussing, lots of fatigue.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...